Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Visual Studio won't debug

Visual Studio won't debug

cashdeskmac

Hi,

I have been working on a C# ASP.NET project for months with no problems.
Suddenly I have a few weeks off and when I run the project using F5 or Start
Without Debugging it refuses to enter debug mode. It seems to start
attaching to the debugger, loads the web page and then detatches again. I
can manually attach to the process through the debug menu but I would prefer
to know why VS has been able to debug for the last 3 years and now it refuses
to. In my web config file compilation debug is set to true. In the
configuration manager it is set to debug, yet it WON'T DEBUG!!!

I have tried other ASP.NET projects and they won't debug either.

Please help.

Gregory A. Beamer

=?Utf-8?B?Y2FzaGRlc2ttYWM=?= <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi,
>
> I have been working on a C# ASP.NET project for months with no
> problems. Suddenly I have a few weeks off and when I run the project
> using F5 or Start Without Debugging it refuses to enter debug mode.
> It seems to start attaching to the debugger, loads the web page and
> then detatches again. I can manually attach to the process through
> the debug menu but I would prefer to know why VS has been able to
> debug for the last 3 years and now it refuses to. In my web config
> file compilation debug is set to true. In the configuration manager
> it is set to debug, yet it WON'T DEBUG!!!
>
> I have tried other ASP.NET projects and they won't debug either.

Have you installed anything new on the machine? For example, tried to
install Visual Studio 2010, Expression Blend 3 preview, etc. Any product
that is at all tied to .NET, that is beta, can cause issues.

It could also be the project is not set up to debug, but it seems
strange that would "just happen". The answer to that is here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306169

The normal symptoms are different, however.

Outside of that, I am stumped ... at least for now.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Twitter: @gbworld

| Think outside the box! |

cashdeskmac

Hi Gregory,

the last thing I installed was IE8.

cashdeskmac

I looked at the link and it relates to VS2003 and before. Is there a similar
setting in VS 2005?