Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > no internet

no internet

=?Utf-8?B?Zm9yZCBmYWlybGFuZQ==?=

hi
i have set up my wireless network using 2 pen sized usb wireless adaptors
and a ibm t30 laptop with built in wireless

the problem i am having is the network seems to be fine as all the computers
can see each other i can transfer files without a problem
but i cannot get a internet on my secondary pc or the laptop i had the same
setup running befor on sp1 but cant seem to manage it since i installed sp2

any help would be great as i dont want to format and install sp1 version again

Jack

Hi
What is the nature of your Internet connection, and how you are connected to
it?
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"ford fairlane" <ford http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi
> i have set up my wireless network using 2 pen sized usb wireless adaptors
> and a ibm t30 laptop with built in wireless
>
> the problem i am having is the network seems to be fine as all the

computers
> can see each other i can transfer files without a problem
> but i cannot get a internet on my secondary pc or the laptop i had the

same
> setup running befor on sp1 but cant seem to manage it since i installed

sp2

> any help would be great as i dont want to format and install sp1 version

again

=?Utf-8?B?Zm9yZCBmYWlybGFuZQ==?=

my internet connection is a cable modem and connected by ethernet cable on my
main pc

"Jack" wrote:

> Hi
> What is the nature of your Internet connection, and how you are connected to
> it?
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "ford fairlane" <ford (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hi
> > i have set up my wireless network using 2 pen sized usb wireless adaptors
> > and a ibm t30 laptop with built in wireless
> >
> > the problem i am having is the network seems to be fine as all the

> computers
> > can see each other i can transfer files without a problem
> > but i cannot get a internet on my secondary pc or the laptop i had the

> same
> > setup running befor on sp1 but cant seem to manage it since i installed

> sp2
> >
> > any help would be great as i dont want to format and install sp1 version

> again

Jack

Hi
If you would like a stable flexible Wireless Network you should get a
Wireless Cable/DSL Router and configure the system as a real peer to peer:
http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
Otherwise:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...wman_02april08.
mspx
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"ford fairlane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> my internet connection is a cable modem and connected by ethernet cable on

my
> main pc
>
> "Jack" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > What is the nature of your Internet connection, and how you are

connected to
> > it?
> > Jack (MVP-Networking).
> >

> > "ford fairlane" <ford (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > hi
> > > i have set up my wireless network using 2 pen sized usb wireless

adaptors
> > > and a ibm t30 laptop with built in wireless
> > >
> > > the problem i am having is the network seems to be fine as all the

> > computers
> > > can see each other i can transfer files without a problem
> > > but i cannot get a internet on my secondary pc or the laptop i had the

> > same
> > > setup running befor on sp1 but cant seem to manage it since i

installed
> > sp2
> > >
> > > any help would be great as i dont want to format and install sp1

version
> > again

=?Utf-8?B?Zm9yZCBmYWlybGFuZQ==?=

cheers ill give that a bash