Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Stephen Fry Admits Hes a BitTorrent Pirate

Stephen Fry Admits Hes a BitTorrent Pirate

Woger

Actor Admits Hes a BitTorrent Pirate
Lets see, if we go by recent court rulings, actor Stephen Fry admitted to
illegally downloading between $240,000 and $500,000 in TV episodes. Mr. Fry,
the MPAAs lawyers would like to have a word with you

http://torrentfreak.com/stephen-fry-...pirate-090713/

How can you value Free TV shows..?

victor

Woger wrote:

> Actor Admits Hes a BitTorrent Pirate
> Lets see, if we go by recent court rulings, actor Stephen Fry admitted to
> illegally downloading between $240,000 and $500,000 in TV episodes. Mr. Fry,
> the MPAAs lawyers would like to have a word with you
>

> http://torrentfreak.com/stephen-fry-...pirate-090713/
>

> How can you value Free TV shows..?

You pretend that all the files are stolen CDs and DVDs, then you claim
that all those stolen CDs and DVDs are losses of billions of dollars
from your creative industries and your local content creators and get
your government to set up a quasi judicial process at the taxpayers cost
to stop all the money being lost by terminating internet accounts of the
isps highest users.
When you succeed, all your record companies will be rich beyond their
wildest dreams on imaginary income from imaginary property because all
those pretend stolen CDs and DVDs will apparently now have been bought,
not ground up and recycled and recorded as losses.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <h3j3k4$3hu$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
(snip)

>Whereas here, we have a 'content creator', Stephen Fry, an example of a
>person whom the MPAA/whatever is supposed to be representing and protecting,
>without whom they wouldn't exist, downloading a few shows. I'd love to see a
>prosecution go ahead, (not that I wish ill on Stephen Fry) I think the irony
>alone would be worth it.

Oh yes ... please ! He's a tremendously clever chap ... I would just *love*
to hear some of his one liners that would obviously come out of that.
Looking foolish would be the smallest of the industries problems.

victor

~misfit~ wrote:
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs victor wrote:
>> Woger wrote:
>>> Actor Admits Hes a BitTorrent Pirate
>>> Lets see, if we go by recent court rulings, actor Stephen Fry
>>> admitted to illegally downloading between $240,000 and $500,000 in
>>> TV episodes. Mr. Fry, the MPAAs lawyers would like to have a word
>>> with you
>>>
>>> http://torrentfreak.com/stephen-fry-...pirate-090713/
>>>
>>> How can you value Free TV shows..?

>> You pretend that all the files are stolen CDs and DVDs, then you claim
>> that all those stolen CDs and DVDs are losses of billions of dollars
>> from your creative industries and your local content creators and get
>> your government to set up a quasi judicial process at the taxpayers
>> cost to stop all the money being lost by terminating internet
>> accounts of the isps highest users.
>> When you succeed, all your record companies will be rich beyond their
>> wildest dreams on imaginary income from imaginary property because all
>> those pretend stolen CDs and DVDs will apparently now have been
>> bought, not ground up and recycled and recorded as losses.

> Whereas here, we have a 'content creator', Stephen Fry, an example of a
> person whom the MPAA/whatever is supposed to be representing and protecting,
> without whom they wouldn't exist, downloading a few shows. I'd love to see a
> prosecution go ahead, (not that I wish ill on Stephen Fry) I think the irony
> alone would be worth it.

I don't think he is concerned about people downloading his previous work
off Bittorrent either.
Reputation/mindshare is the currency of internet media which can be
converted for a real life payoff. Here's an example where his previous
work enhances his reputation so that he is invited as a paid speaker at
the iTunes festival which enhances their reputation and so it goes.

Gordon

On 2009-07-14, Woger <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> How can you value Free TV shows..?

By the number of the viewing audience who watch the ads.

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

Woger wrote:

> Actor Admits Hes a BitTorrent Pirate
> Lets see, if we go by recent court rulings, actor Stephen Fry admitted to
> illegally downloading between $240,000 and $500,000 in TV episodes. Mr. Fry,
> the MPAAs lawyers would like to have a word with you
>
> http://torrentfreak.com/stephen-fry-...pirate-090713/
>

> How can you value Free TV shows..?

Don't worry Woger, impossible or whoisthis will report him to the
authorities promptly.

Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

Woger

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:10:56 +1000, Chris Wilkinson <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>Woger wrote:
>>
>> Actor Admits Hes a BitTorrent Pirate
>> Lets see, if we go by recent court rulings, actor Stephen Fry admitted to
>> illegally downloading between $240,000 and $500,000 in TV episodes. Mr. Fry,
>> the MPAAs lawyers would like to have a word with you
>>
>> http://torrentfreak.com/stephen-fry-...pirate-090713/
>>

>> How can you value Free TV shows..?

>Don't worry Woger, impossible or whoisthis will report him to the
>authorities promptly.
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

What I was asking was this...