Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Validator Text vs. ErrorMessage

Validator Text vs. ErrorMessage

Andy

Hi,

I'm trying to get the "no text" text display going with validators. I
know that normally if Text is empty, it will use errormessage
instead. I thought I found a way to trick the controls though, but
setting Text to &nbsp. This actually seems to work... on one of my
pages. On another page though, the ErrorMessage is still being
displayed. If it were consistent, that'd be one thing... but what is
going on here? If the validator smart enough to figure out that
  is empty??

Thanks
Andy

Andy

On Jul 13, 9:36*pm, Andy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm trying to get the "no text" text display going with validators. *I
> know that normally if Text is empty, it will use errormessage
> instead. *I thought I found a way to trick the controls though, but
> setting Text to &nbsp. *This actually seems to work... on one of my
> pages. *On another page though, the ErrorMessage is still being
> displayed. *If it were consistent, that'd be one thing... but what is
> going on here? *If the validator smart enough to figure out that
> &nbsp; is empty??

I managed to get it working how I want, but I'd still like to know why
it wasn't working with the &nbsp;. I simply made a css class where
display was none and applied that to all the validators.