Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Pentium 4 / 3 Ghz CPU type Sl6wk runs at 2 Ghz

Reply
Thread Tools

Pentium 4 / 3 Ghz CPU type Sl6wk runs at 2 Ghz

 
 
Barry OGrady
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2009
Pentium 4 / 3 Ghz CPU type Sl6wk runs at 2 Ghz.

The specs are here
http://processorfinder.intel.com/Det...px?sSpec=SL6WK

The computer originally had a Celeron 2.4 Ghz which I first replaced
with a Pentium 4/2.4 Ghz. That worked as it should.

I then replaced that with a P4 / 3.0 Ghz which works but runs at
1.5 Ghz or 2.0 Ghz depending on BIOS settings.
The MB manual says it can use 3 Ghz + and that it should set the
clock speed automatically.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mike Easter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2009
Barry OGrady wrote:

> The MB manual says


What is the mobo?

--
Mike Easter
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
why?
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2009

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 02:56:47 +1000, Barry OGrady wrote:

>Pentium 4 / 3 Ghz CPU type Sl6wk runs at 2 Ghz.
>
>The specs are here
> http://processorfinder.intel.com/Det...px?sSpec=SL6WK
>
>The computer originally had a Celeron 2.4 Ghz which I first replaced
>with a Pentium 4/2.4 Ghz. That worked as it should.


No pattern, 2.4Ghz -> 2.4Ghz here?

>I then replaced that with a P4 / 3.0 Ghz which works but runs at
>1.5 Ghz or 2.0 Ghz depending on BIOS settings.
>The MB manual says it can use 3 Ghz + and that it should set the


What motherboard manual?

>clock speed automatically.


And the speeds it can set automatically / per processor are?

Me
 
Reply With Quote
 
攸hw不f
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2009
In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Barry OGrady wrote:
> Pentium 4 / 3 Ghz CPU type Sl6wk runs at 2 Ghz.
>
> The specs are here
> http://processorfinder.intel.com/Det...px?sSpec=SL6WK
>
> The computer originally had a Celeron 2.4 Ghz which I first replaced
> with a Pentium 4/2.4 Ghz. That worked as it should.
>
> I then replaced that with a P4 / 3.0 Ghz which works but runs at
> 1.5 Ghz or 2.0 Ghz depending on BIOS settings.
> The MB manual says it can use 3 Ghz + and that it should set the
> clock speed automatically.
>

So obviously it didnt. Might be a jumper setting or a BIOS setting you didnt
discover, yet.

Keep digging.
^_^

--
http://www.milksucks.com/pus.asp
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people
by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and
sudden usurpations.... The means of defense against foreign danger historically
have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
-James Madison

 
Reply With Quote
 
Barry OGrady
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2009
On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:05:42 -0700, "Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Barry OGrady wrote:
>
>> The MB manual says

>
>What is the mobo?


ECS Elitegroup 651-M.

I should do a search on that MB.

>--
>Mike Easter


 
Reply With Quote
 
Barry OGrady
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2009
On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:16:35 GMT, why?
<fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:

>
>On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 02:56:47 +1000, Barry OGrady wrote:
>
>>Pentium 4 / 3 Ghz CPU type Sl6wk runs at 2 Ghz.
>>
>>The specs are here
>> http://processorfinder.intel.com/Det...px?sSpec=SL6WK
>>
>>The computer originally had a Celeron 2.4 Ghz which I first replaced
>>with a Pentium 4/2.4 Ghz. That worked as it should.

>
>No pattern, 2.4Ghz -> 2.4Ghz here?


From Celeron to Pentium both at 2.4 Ghz.

>>I then replaced that with a P4 / 3.0 Ghz which works but runs at
>>1.5 Ghz or 2.0 Ghz depending on BIOS settings.
>>The MB manual says it can use 3 Ghz + and that it should set the

>
>What motherboard manual?


ECS Elitegroup 651-M.

>>clock speed automatically.

>
>And the speeds it can set automatically / per processor are?


The manual says;
The motherboard uses a micro PGA 478-pin socket that has
the following features;

Supports 400/533 Mhz frontside bus
Accomodates Pentium 4 processors at 1.5G/1.6G/1.7G
...3.06G and above

There is no Mhz setting in the BIOS although it does allow
CPU Host/SDRAM/PCI clock to be set up to
133/166/33 at which the CPU is reported as 2.0 Ghz.

The manual says there should be a multiplier setting which is
CPU dependant. That setting does not show.

>Me


 
Reply With Quote
 
Barry OGrady
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2009
On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:34:18 -0400, "Jeff The Drunk, BITCH"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 02:56:47 +1000, Barry OGrady
><god_free_jones>wrote:
>
>>Pentium 4 / 3 Ghz CPU type Sl6wk runs at 2 Ghz.
>>
>>The specs are here
>> http://processorfinder.intel.com/Det...px?sSpec=SL6WK
>>
>>The computer originally had a Celeron 2.4 Ghz which I first replaced
>>with a Pentium 4/2.4 Ghz. That worked as it should.
>>
>>I then replaced that with a P4 / 3.0 Ghz which works but runs at
>>1.5 Ghz or 2.0 Ghz depending on BIOS settings.
>>The MB manual says it can use 3 Ghz + and that it should set the
>>clock speed automatically.

>
>Updaet yuor BOIS!


I'll look into that.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Barry OGrady
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2009
On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:09:37 -0600, 攸hw不f <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Barry OGrady wrote:
>> Pentium 4 / 3 Ghz CPU type Sl6wk runs at 2 Ghz.
>>
>> The specs are here
>> http://processorfinder.intel.com/Det...px?sSpec=SL6WK
>>
>> The computer originally had a Celeron 2.4 Ghz which I first replaced
>> with a Pentium 4/2.4 Ghz. That worked as it should.
>>
>> I then replaced that with a P4 / 3.0 Ghz which works but runs at
>> 1.5 Ghz or 2.0 Ghz depending on BIOS settings.
>> The MB manual says it can use 3 Ghz + and that it should set the
>> clock speed automatically.
>>

>So obviously it didnt. Might be a jumper setting or a BIOS setting you didnt
>discover, yet.


I could look into updating the BIOS.
Is it possible the P4 I have is too 'new' for the motherboard?

>Keep digging.


I will.


>^_^
>
>--


 
Reply With Quote
 
Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2009
攸hw不f <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> I then replaced that with a P4 / 3.0 Ghz which works but runs at
>> 1.5 Ghz or 2.0 Ghz depending on BIOS settings.
>> The MB manual says it can use 3 Ghz + and that it should set the
>> clock speed automatically.


>So obviously it didnt. Might be a jumper setting or a BIOS setting you didnt
>discover, yet.


I have a bios jumper that if I change from 1-2 to 2-3 I'm taken into a
setup mode. My setup is basically just to reset passwords, but you
might have more useful options: like changing clock speeds
--

http://genypost.com/2009/07/dont-look-down/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Barry OGrady
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2009
On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 03:11:01 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> 攸hw不f <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> I then replaced that with a P4 / 3.0 Ghz which works but runs at
>>> 1.5 Ghz or 2.0 Ghz depending on BIOS settings.
>>> The MB manual says it can use 3 Ghz + and that it should set the
>>> clock speed automatically.

>
>>So obviously it didnt. Might be a jumper setting or a BIOS setting you didnt
>>discover, yet.

>
>I have a bios jumper that if I change from 1-2 to 2-3 I'm taken into a
>setup mode. My setup is basically just to reset passwords, but you
>might have more useful options: like changing clock speeds


At this url
http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-MSI/65...7005v2.0).html
it says my CPU is not supported on my MB, so that may be that.

>--


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentium CPU vs Intel Celeron CPU and the Wireless Mouse kirk lives! Computer Support 4 05-02-2004 06:59 PM
Re: 2.4 GHz and 2.6 GHz, does 2.6 go that much faster?? DaveG Computer Support 2 07-06-2003 03:05 PM
Re: 2.4 GHz and 2.6 GHz, does 2.6 go that much faster?? philo Computer Support 0 07-06-2003 01:26 PM
Re: 2.4 GHz and 2.6 GHz, does 2.6 go that much faster?? ztroll Computer Support 0 07-05-2003 11:31 PM
Re: 2.4 GHz and 2.6 GHz, does 2.6 go that much faster?? Brian H鼎 Computer Support 0 07-05-2003 11:25 PM



Advertisments