Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > RadioButton List to Match with Data Table

RadioButton List to Match with Data Table

AOhlert AOhlert is offline
Junior Member

Ok, I might be getting terminology confused (see: datatable), but I have a RadioButton list on my .aspx page in Visual Studio 2008. I want to select one of three options (yes, no, n/a) based on an entry in my data table (with values of Y, N, or NA). This is what I have so far:

HTML:

<asp:RadioButtonList ID="StorageRadioList" runat="server"
RepeatDirection="Horizontal">
<asp:ListItem value="Y" >Yes</asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem value="N" >No</asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem value="NA" Selected="True">N/A</asp:ListItem>
</asp:RadioButtonList>

Is there a way i can select one of the three buttons based on the value in the table. For example, if i created a hidden text box and assigned the value as a string to that textbox, could i then say like, "if txtbox==N, storageRadioList.N==selected" or something less pseudo-coded than that?

I'm trying to avoid creating a datasource//control for it, as 1) i don't understand it very well, and 2) I don't have a table that has text descriptions for each button so each one has "Yes", "no", etc. next to it. I also am unable to edit the table im working with.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: My codebehind is C#, not Visual Basic.
I've tried

this.FuelStorageRadio.SelectedValue = equipmentDataRow["Fule_Storage_onsite"].ToString();

for the C# to select the button, but nothing works. The table is mispelled as "Fule" and only has values, "Y, N, or NA" just like my associated values listed above.

Last edited by AOhlert; 07-14-2009 at 03:59 PM..