Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Which softphones/handhelds allow CLID ?

Which softphones/handhelds allow CLID ?

Salvador Freemanson

Hello,

Now I've got CLID working on my webcalldirect (Betamax) account using
their client software, I'd like to get it working on at least some of my
collection of handheld wifi SIP phones (Pirelli, Benq, E28 plus a couple
of others customised by ISPs) as well as my Linux netbook.

Does anyone know which softwares enable CLID? I've already tried X-lite
and SJPhone.
I think the issue is connected with how Betamax services generate the
CLID, because the CLID is present using my other VOIP provider (a French
outfit).
Any input?
Thanks

TheFug@domain.invalid

Salvador Freemanson schreef:
> Hello,
>
> Now I've got CLID working on my webcalldirect (Betamax) account using
> their client software, I'd like to get it working on at least some of my
> collection of handheld wifi SIP phones (Pirelli, Benq, E28 plus a couple
> of others customised by ISPs) as well as my Linux netbook.
>
> Does anyone know which softwares enable CLID? I've already tried X-lite
> and SJPhone.
> I think the issue is connected with how Betamax services generate the
> CLID, because the CLID is present using my other VOIP provider (a French
> outfit).
> Any input?
> Thanks

Well, i guess thou hast answered the question thyself
otherwise try PhonerLite.
Don't forget to register the desired number with the provider in
question, this procedure must be done with their client softphone
application.
also, only one client should be logged in at the same time.

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.

Graham.

"Salvador Freemanson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4a5b32af$0$10215$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> Now I've got CLID working on my webcalldirect (Betamax) account using
> their client software, I'd like to get it working on at least some of my
> collection of handheld wifi SIP phones (Pirelli, Benq, E28 plus a couple
> of others customised by ISPs) as well as my Linux netbook.
>
> Does anyone know which softwares enable CLID? I've already tried X-lite
> and SJPhone.
> I think the issue is connected with how Betamax services generate the
> CLID, because the CLID is present using my other VOIP provider (a French
> outfit).
> Any input?
> Thanks

In x-lite it's the "user name" field
in my Linksys PAP2 ATA it's called "user ID"
use international format +44 etc. you need to authorise the number first,
but it looks like you have done that.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Salvador Freemanson

On 13/07/2009 19:33, Graham. wrote:
> "Salvador Freemanson"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4a5b32af$0$10215$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello,
>>
>> Now I've got CLID working on my webcalldirect (Betamax) account using
>> their client software, I'd like to get it working on at least some of my
>> collection of handheld wifi SIP phones (Pirelli, Benq, E28 plus a couple
>> of others customised by ISPs) as well as my Linux netbook.
>>
>> Does anyone know which softwares enable CLID? I've already tried X-lite
>> and SJPhone.
>> I think the issue is connected with how Betamax services generate the
>> CLID, because the CLID is present using my other VOIP provider (a French
>> outfit).
>> Any input?
>> Thanks

> In x-lite it's the "user name" field
> in my Linksys PAP2 ATA it's called "user ID"
> use international format +44 etc. you need to authorise the number first,
> but it looks like you have done that.

Thanks, it worked for X-Lite.
I had assumed that "user name" was the same as "authorisation name".

Salvador Freemanson

On 14/07/2009 11:06, Salvador Freemanson wrote:
> On 13/07/2009 19:33, Graham. wrote:
>> "Salvador Freemanson"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:4a5b32af$0$10215$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Now I've got CLID working on my webcalldirect (Betamax) account using
>>> their client software, I'd like to get it working on at least some of my
>>> collection of handheld wifi SIP phones (Pirelli, Benq, E28 plus a couple
>>> of others customised by ISPs) as well as my Linux netbook.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know which softwares enable CLID? I've already tried X-lite
>>> and SJPhone.
>>> I think the issue is connected with how Betamax services generate the
>>> CLID, because the CLID is present using my other VOIP provider (a French
>>> outfit).
>>> Any input?
>>> Thanks

>> In x-lite it's the "user name" field
>> in my Linksys PAP2 ATA it's called "user ID"
>> use international format +44 etc. you need to authorise the number first,
>> but it looks like you have done that.
>>

> Thanks, it worked for X-Lite.
> I had assumed that "user name" was the same as "authorisation name".

It also works for the RRPB-F1 wifi Sip phone too.
I've now authorised the webcall account with my home, mobile and mum's
phone. It's very usefull, because you can only get through to certain
services if you have a UK CLID.

CLID problem Mac Cisco 2 01-09-2009 06:56 AM
multiple adapters, same clid Henry Cabot Henhouse III VOIP 0 07-24-2005 04:13 PM
CLID problem Mac VOIP 1 03-22-2005 08:02 AM
extend_privacy CLID Dan Cisco 1 02-15-2005 09:46 PM
CLID on WIC-2AM Ivana Cisco 7 10-01-2004 08:10 PM

Advertisments