Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: NAS Units

Re: NAS Units

Gordon

On 2009-07-12, Collector€NZ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Some time back there was a thread here on the cheaper NAS units
> available. Those in the $250-$400 range.
>
> My requirement is for minimum 2 Sata2 Drives 10/100/1000 ethernet
> connection (1Gb not quite so important) would be good if it had some
> raid options, FTP and SAMBA ETC.
> Any recomendations (No I do not want to run up and old computer and use
> Linux)

Okay, so just Linux on the NAS eh?

To hell with it shell out on Ms Home Sever and be done with it. What is
money after all.

The D-Link 323 does RAID 0 and 1.

There are others, I have seen them when getting side tracked on web order
sites. Ascent was one from memory. Datasquare worth a look

Look for NAS on those pages.

NAS, home style is still in very much rapid development. New devices seem to
be arriving by the month. The same only different. now when will they add
NFS?

thingy

On Jul 12, 4:43*pm, Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 2009-07-12, Collector€NZ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Some time back there was a thread here on the cheaper NAS units
> > available. Those in the $250-$400 range.

> > My requirement is for minimum 2 Sata2 Drives 10/100/1000 ethernet
> > connection (1Gb not quite so important) would be good if it had some
> > raid options, FTP and SAMBA ETC.
> > Any recomendations (No I do not want to run up and old computer and use
> > Linux)

> Okay, so just Linux on the NAS eh?
>
> To hell with it shell out on Ms Home Sever and be done with it. What is
> money after all.

Does it do iSCSI?

regards

Thing

Re: NAS Units thingy NZ Computing 10 07-14-2009 09:09 PM
Re: NAS Units victor NZ Computing 4 07-14-2009 03:10 AM
Re: NAS Units PeeCee NZ Computing 2 07-13-2009 08:50 PM
Re: NAS Units J Brockley NZ Computing 3 07-13-2009 07:42 AM
SimpleTech SimpleShare NAS @ Overclockers Online Silverstrand Front Page News 0 08-03-2005 05:53 PM

Advertisments