Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > COMPACTING EMAILS...

COMPACTING EMAILS...

Outlook Express 6 keeps 'compacting' my emails, is there a way to turn this
off?

Shel-hed

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 01:30:07 +0100, "J" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Outlook Express 6 keeps 'compacting' my emails, is there a way to turn this
>off?

Yes there is. But if you do, OE will probably corrupt your folders, then you
will be wasting a weekend trying to recover all of your emails.

Mike Easter

J wrote:
> Outlook Express 6 keeps 'compacting' my emails, is there a way to turn
> this off?

You need to compact and you need to take control of the compacting.

http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm#compact Compact Your OE
Folders

--
Mike Easter

Singapore Computer Service

Hello,

The compact process should only run once for every 100 times you start
Outlook Express.

Here is a link with helpful tips on what could have caused the compact to
run continuously
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...10b206ca49ab5a
or
http://tinyurl.com/lsb3xz

__
Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service
Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv NTSC PAL
"J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:w2R5m.84644$(E-Mail Removed)2...

> Outlook Express 6 keeps 'compacting' my emails, is there a way to turn
> this off?

John Holmes

Singapore Computer Service "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

**** off and die, you top-poasting, spamming dirty scumbag.

--
You bulbous sliver of defective cow dung.

Aardvark

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 14:32:44 +0800, Singapore Computer Service wrote:

> Hell

Fix your sig delimiter and quit top-posting.

Compacting Outlook Express Paul IOW Computer Support 7 08-19-2005 04:37 PM
compacting error Dennis Firefox 4 04-28-2005 01:35 AM
Wise compacting help needed Yamamoto Computer Support 6 09-24-2004 05:27 PM
Compacting an MSAccess Database with ADO.NET code (C#) Timothy ASP .Net 1 01-02-2004 01:42 PM
compacting similar nested for loops SplaTTer C++ 2 07-02-2003 09:16 PM

Advertisments