Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Problem in configuring public ip on w2k3 SBS server.

Problem in configuring public ip on w2k3 SBS server.

jackiesmith jackiesmith is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

I am new to this forum.Please help me in the following areas.

I have a w2k3 sbs with AD, Exchange & IIS installed. This will be my company's web & mail server. It is configured with a private ip 192.x.x.x.
The network is as follows.
Server---->switch---->firewall---->ISP router---->internet.
NAT is enabled on th firewall.
I want to assign a public ip 208.x.x.x to my server. The FW/router has 2 ips.
When i try to configure a public ip to my srv, it is giving ip conflict with the FW mac address in the logs. How should I go further.
Also ip routing, RRAS is enabled on this server. I cannot disturb them.
Any immediate help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
JS