Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Home Premium over Vista Ultimate

Home Premium over Vista Ultimate

David B. Mathews

Will I be able to update Vista Ultimate with the Win 7 Home Premium or will
I need to do a clean install. I was hoping to just update it and use it for
a few weeks learning the in's and out's of it and then do the clean install.

Jane C

David B. Mathews wrote:
> Will I be able to update Vista Ultimate with the Win 7 Home Premium or
> will I need to do a clean install. I was hoping to just update it and
> use it for a few weeks learning the in's and out's of it and then do the
> clean install.

That would be a clean install scenario as going from Ultimate to Home
Premium is considered a downgrade.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
MVP - Windows Desktop Experience 2007-2009

Jerry

Windows 7 forums:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...tegory/w7itpro

"David B. Mathews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Will I be able to update Vista Ultimate with the Win 7 Home Premium or
> will I need to do a clean install. I was hoping to just update it and use
> it for a few weeks learning the in's and out's of it and then do the clean
> install.

David B. Mathews

So the only way to upgrade would be to buy Windows 7 Ult. Professional
won't do the trick?
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...