Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Install Window disk

Install Window disk

Tom

I have received a noticed to reinstall the XP pro windows or my system may
not be unstable. I noticed this on a few computers in my house and also in
the office. This does give you a choice to disregard the notice and I did
and everything seems to be OK. Anyone else had this come up on 7/9/2009 and
what did you do if anything. I read it was just a misleading notice. Thanks
Tommy R

Singapore Computer Service

Hello,

Which software gave you that notice? Can you tell us what the message said
exactly?

It is strange for a software to recommend reinstalling XP.
__
Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service
Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv NTSC PAL
news:4a56f962$0$5930$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have received a noticed to reinstall the XP pro windows or my system may
>not be unstable. I noticed this on a few computers in my house and also in
>the office. This does give you a choice to disregard the notice and I did
>and everything seems to be OK. Anyone else had this come up on 7/9/2009 and
>what did you do if anything. I read it was just a misleading notice. Thanks
>Tommy R

Aardvark

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 17:54:01 +0800, Singapore Computer Service wrote:

> Hell

Fix your sig delimiter and quit top-posting.

Desk Rabbit

Tom wrote:
> I have received a noticed to reinstall the XP pro windows or my system may
> not be unstable. I noticed this on a few computers in my house and also in
> the office. This does give you a choice to disregard the notice and I did
> and everything seems to be OK. Anyone else had this come up on 7/9/2009 and
> what did you do if anything. I read it was just a misleading notice. Thanks
> Tommy R

What *exactly* did the message say?

elaich

"Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:4a56f962$0$5930$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have received a noticed to reinstall the XP pro windows or my system
> may not be unstable.

Your system "may not be UNstable?"

I'm really surprised that the Linux guys weren't all over that one.

hwf

elaich <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
of<h37ilh$7a9$(E-Mail Removed)>:

>"Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:4a56f962$0$5930$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I have received a noticed to reinstall the XP pro windows or my

system
>> may not be unstable.

>Your system "may not be UNstable?"
>
>I'm really surprised that the Linux guys weren't all over that one.

Because you beat me to it

chuckcar

"Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:4a56f962$0$5930$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have received a noticed to reinstall the XP pro windows or my system
> may not be unstable.

Then everything is probably fine. So what?

> I noticed this on a few computers in my house and also in
> the office. This does give you a choice to disregard the notice and I
> did and everything seems to be OK. Anyone else had this come up on
> 7/9/2009 and what did you do if anything. I read it was just a
> misleading notice. Thanks Tommy R

In an email? what was the address of the sender? It sounds like you need
to work on your junk mail filters to stop from getting messages from
people you've never heard of.

BTW such messages are perfect ways of infecting your computer with viri,
trojans and any other sort of nasty software you could possibly dream up.
As I said ignore (*without* opening even) or filter them out.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Evan Platt

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 21:01:16 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:4a56f962$0$5930$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I have received a noticed to reinstall the XP pro windows or my system
>> may not be unstable.

>Then everything is probably fine. So what?

You truly are clueless...

>In an email?

OMG you're kidding right??

larrylaundry

Tom wrote:
> I have received a noticed to reinstall the XP pro windows or my system may
> not be unstable. I noticed this on a few computers in my house and also in
> the office. This does give you a choice to disregard the notice and I did
> and everything seems to be OK. Anyone else had this come up on 7/9/2009 and
> what did you do if anything. I read it was just a misleading notice. Thanks
> Tommy R

I saw that or something similar on a laptop I bought that was crammed
with malware and the like. Don't know If you
do adaware and all but this doesn't sound right. I cannot think of
anything that would tell you to reinstall windows,
let alone when you do not need to.

except for maybe some posters here.