Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Different OS, wireless printing

Different OS, wireless printing

newanti

Ihave a Canon printer and is connected directly to my Desktop pc (Win xp
prof) using usb cable and I can print. How can I configure my Labtop (Window
Vista) to print wireless?. (I can surf wirelessly the net using the same
network) Appreciate if you can assist. Thanks

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
Configure File and Printer Sharing and install the printer Drivers for Vista
on the Laptop.
Firewall instructions.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Sharing between Windows XP and Mac -
http://www.realifewebdesigns.com/web...file-share.asp
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"newanti" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ihave a Canon printer and is connected directly to my Desktop pc (Win xp
> prof) using usb cable and I can print. How can I configure my Labtop
> (Window
> Vista) to print wireless?. (I can surf wirelessly the net using the same
> network) Appreciate if you can assist. Thanks

newanti

Many thanks for all the info. I have not gone to my brother's place to try it
out but Iam sure it will work. Will revert when it is done, thank you for
your time

"Jack [MVP-Networking]" wrote:

> Hi
> Configure File and Printer Sharing and install the printer Drivers for Vista
> on the Laptop.
> Make sure that the Software Firewall on each computer allows free local
> traffic. If you use 3rd party Firewall On, Vista/XP Native Firewall should
> be Off, and the active Firewall has to adjusted to your Network IP numbers
> on what is some time called the Trusted Zone (consult your 3rd Party
> Firewall instructions.
> General example, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#trusted
> Vista File and Printer Sharing-
> Windows XP File Sharing -
> Printer Sharing XP -
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
> Windows XP patch for Sharing with Vista (Not need for XP-SP3) -
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
> Sharing between Windows XP and Mac -
> http://www.realifewebdesigns.com/web...file-share.asp
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "newanti" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Ihave a Canon printer and is connected directly to my Desktop pc (Win xp
> > prof) using usb cable and I can print. How can I configure my Labtop
> > (Window
> > Vista) to print wireless?. (I can surf wirelessly the net using the same
> > network) Appreciate if you can assist. Thanks

KK

Can you please give a easier direction for me because i have a Dell Printer
and is connected directly to my Desktop ( Window XP ) using a usb and I can
print . How can I print on my Laptop ( Window Vista) too. Thank You..

"newanti" wrote:

> Ihave a Canon printer and is connected directly to my Desktop pc (Win xp
> prof) using usb cable and I can print. How can I configure my Labtop (Window
> Vista) to print wireless?. (I can surf wirelessly the net using the same
> network) Appreciate if you can assist. Thanks

KK

I want to use the printer too. But the printer to connect to my Desktop (
Window Xp ) by a USB. And i want my laptop ( Window Vista) to use the printer
too, but not having to connect with the usb just sharing. I try figuiring it
out, but i can't can you give me easy direction how to do it. I already
change my workgroup to MSHOME but it still doesn't work, i turn off the
firewall still doesn't work. Can you please help me, please give me easy
direction. Thank you. I have a DELL ALL IN ONE PRINTER 964. Thank you.