Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: Java works on 64-bit IE but not on 32-bit IE...

Re: Java works on 64-bit IE but not on 32-bit IE...

Poutnik

Bobby Johnson's previous post was like this :

> Obviously you are totally oblivious to what is plainly posted on the Sun
> Java web site. Java is a Language Environment which runs Java scripts.
>
> Read
> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutor...efinition.html
> and then tell Sun they don't know what they're talking about!
>
> I'm surprised that you could dream up such garbage! I can guarantee
> that your web browser will NOT execute any Java applications, also known
> as scripts, if you don't have the Java Runtime Environment installed on
> your computer.
>
> Wake up and smell the coffee!

I will tell it not to Sun, but to you..
If you read it carefully, in page you mentioned
there is no info about scripts of any kind.
( java do not user scripts ).

Mixing Java and Javascript is very common mistake.

See Java vs. JavaScript
http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/ja...le.php/3470971

Javascript does not need nor use java enviroment,
and even, if hosted in WSH, do not need even a browser.

Javascripts has nothing in common with Sun company.

Now, it is your turn for waking up.

In case of other offense I will realize
I need spend time by something more useful.

--
Poutnik
The best depends on how the best is defined.

Poutnik

Bobby Johnson's previous post was like this :

> Go to:
> http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?r...01111&loop=yes
>
> You will notice that for the radar images to cycle through Java is
> started. If you don't have Java on you computer it will tell you that
> you need to install Java.

Yes, I see, this one is running java applet, not javascript.
It is clear you need java for it.

I was watching other animation on the site,
that was managed by javascripts.
For them, you do not need java.

--
Poutnik
The best depends on how the best is defined.

Bobby Johnson

You are the one that injected the 'javascript' into the conversation,
not me! So you are the one that caused the confusion!

Poutnik wrote:
> Bobby Johnson's previous post was like this :
>> I have both editions of Java on my Win 7 x64 system and there is no
>> problem with Java working in either one of them. One of the examples is
>> the NOAA weather maps. You can display either a single radar picture or
>> you can select to loop the past hour. The loop is a java function and
>> it works on both 32-bit & 64-bit editions of both IE8 and Firefox - no
>> problems!
>>

> I am afraid you probably mix java and javascripts.
> Javascripts are known to allow such animations, no need for java here.
>
> Furthermore, I intentionally left javascript in my FF allowed,
> but I denied using java.
> Then I went to NOAA to see so radar namimations.
> As expected, animations worked, based on javascripts, not on java.
> Java for it is a cannon for sparrows.

Bobby Johnson

You should never have injected 'javascript' into the conversation to
start with!

Poutnik wrote:
> Bobby Johnson's previous post was like this :
>> Obviously you are totally oblivious to what is plainly posted on the Sun
>> Java web site. Java is a Language Environment which runs Java scripts.
>>
>> Read
>> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutor...efinition.html
>> and then tell Sun they don't know what they're talking about!
>>
>> I'm surprised that you could dream up such garbage! I can guarantee
>> that your web browser will NOT execute any Java applications, also known
>> as scripts, if you don't have the Java Runtime Environment installed on
>> your computer.
>>
>> Wake up and smell the coffee!
>>

> I will tell it not to Sun, but to you..
> If you read it carefully, in page you mentioned
> there is no info about scripts of any kind.
> ( java do not user scripts ).
>
> Mixing Java and Javascript is very common mistake.
>
> See Java vs. JavaScript
> http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/ja...le.php/3470971
>
> Javascript does not need nor use java enviroment,
> and even, if hosted in WSH, do not need even a browser.
>
> Javascripts has nothing in common with Sun company.
>
> Now, it is your turn for waking up.
>
> In case of other offense I will realize
> I need spend time by something more useful.

Bobby Johnson

Check back through the posts and you will find that you were the first
one to mention 'javascript' not me! I said the radar loop and the Java
sight confirmed I had Java on my computer. I never mentioned the word
'javascript' before you injected it!

Poutnik wrote:
> Bobby Johnson's previous post was like this :
>> Go to:
>> http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?r...01111&loop=yes
>>
>> You will notice that for the radar images to cycle through Java is
>> started. If you don't have Java on you computer it will tell you that
>> you need to install Java.
>>

> Yes, I see, this one is running java applet, not javascript.
> It is clear you need java for it.
>
> I was watching other animation on the site,
> that was managed by javascripts.
> For them, you do not need java.

Poutnik

Bobby Johnson's previous post was like this :

> You are the one that injected the 'javascript' into the conversation,
> not me! So you are the one that caused the confusion!

Your knowledge level started confusion, not me.

BTW, why to use so many replies for the same objection ?

You could spend one of them to confess,
that now you know the java vs javascript difference.

--
Poutnik
The best depends on how the best is defined.

Bobby Johnson

And you should never have injected 'javascript' into the conversation.
I didn't even think of 'javascript' until you brought it up and then you
were totally off base with what you said. All I said was I have both
32-bit & 64-bit Java installed and that all four versions of my browser
would run Java apps.

Poutnik wrote:
> Bobby Johnson's previous post was like this :
>> You are the one that injected the 'javascript' into the conversation,
>> not me! So you are the one that caused the confusion!
>>

> Your knowledge level started confusion, not me.
>
> BTW, why to use so many replies for the same objection ?
>
> You could spend one of them to confess,
> that now you know the java vs javascript difference.

Poutnik

Bobby Johnson's previous post was like this :

> And you should never have injected 'javascript' into the conversation.
> I didn't even think of 'javascript' until you brought it up and then you
> were totally off base with what you said. All I said was I have both
> 32-bit & 64-bit Java installed and that all four versions of my browser
> would run Java apps.

I have never thought javascript is so rude word,
otherwise I would not use it.

Why is so difficult for you to accept
you were wrong about javascript ?
And why to cover it by my injection ?
Because of revealing your prior confusion ?
Now you are not confused anymore.

For me it is easy to to say I was wrong, when I was.

I was wrong in expectation you could think
javascript is java in your radar link, because people do it often.

But, I was right you was confused about java and javascript
in general before I came with injection.

--
Poutnik
The best depends on how the best is defined.

Poutnik

Bobby Johnson's previous post was like this :

> And you should never have injected 'javascript' into the conversation.
> I didn't even think of 'javascript' until you brought it up and then you
> were totally off base with what you said. All I said was I have both
> 32-bit & 64-bit Java installed and that all four versions of my browser
> would run Java apps.

As you may remember,

I replied not to this article, but to article
about radar animation in NOAA site.

These are in general provided by both java applets and javascripts,
but more often by the latter.

In this contect javascript was not off topic.

--
Poutnik
The best depends on how the best is defined.

Ultimate Judge

I am afraid you are confusing Java and Javascript. These are 2 totally and
fully different things just like a ''car'' and a ''carpenter'' are different.