Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Non fixed ip address

Non fixed ip address

hammond

How you work around using a betamax clone with non fixed ip address.

Nick

hammond wrote:
> How you work around using a betamax clone with non fixed ip address.

What is it that you want to work around?

Graham.

> How you work around using a betamax clone with non fixed ip address.

It shouldn't be a problem, I would imagine most users have dynamic a IP
as I have here.

What problem do you have?

Ah, just had a thought is it the footnote
"Registered users get max 300 minutes per week of free calls,
measured over the last 7 days and per unique IP address"
that is concerning you?
It doesn't mean you incur a penalty if you change your IP.
What it does mean that multiple accounts emanating from
the same IP address will be lumped together for fair use
purposes. In practice all this means is that you won't get
"free" calls if you use services like mysipswitch.com or pbxes.com
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Jono

Graham. pretended :
>> How you work around using a betamax clone with non fixed ip address.

> It shouldn't be a problem, I would imagine most users have dynamic a IP
> as I have here.
>
> What problem do you have?
>
> Ah, just had a thought is it the footnote
> "Registered users get max 300 minutes per week of free calls,
> measured over the last 7 days and per unique IP address"
> that is concerning you?
> It doesn't mean you incur a penalty if you change your IP.
> What it does mean that multiple accounts emanating from
> the same IP address will be lumped together for fair use
> purposes. In practice all this means is that you won't get
> "free" calls if you use services like mysipswitch.com or pbxes.com

.....and having a dynamic IP is better.

Graham.

> Graham. pretended :
>>> How you work around using a betamax clone with non fixed ip address.

>> It shouldn't be a problem, I would imagine most users have dynamic a IP
>> as I have here.
>>
>> What problem do you have?
>>
>> Ah, just had a thought is it the footnote
>> "Registered users get max 300 minutes per week of free calls,
>> measured over the last 7 days and per unique IP address"
>> that is concerning you?
>> It doesn't mean you incur a penalty if you change your IP.
>> What it does mean that multiple accounts emanating from
>> the same IP address will be lumped together for fair use
>> purposes. In practice all this means is that you won't get
>> "free" calls if you use services like mysipswitch.com or pbxes.com

> ....and having a dynamic IP is better.

There will be many who disagree, but I am not one of them,
not for domestic purposes anyway.

I have come across resources on the net that are rationed by
IP address, and it's very handy to unplug the router and get
a fresh one. Eg. I had a need to create a number of calleasy.com
accounts for some tests I was doing and found they were limited
to 3 per IP address.

dyndns resolves other issues (pun intended)

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%