Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Blocking XMPP API?

Blocking XMPP API?

Gabriel Rossetti

Hello everyone,

I am looking for blocking XMPP API. I'm wanting to make a webservice
that uses XMPP, but all the XMPP libs I find are non-blocking (i.e. w/
callbacks). I'd like to be able to do something like :

cl = Client("(E-Mail Removed)/res01", "password",)
msg = "<m....."
result = cl.send(msg)
print "I got '%s'" % str(result)

any ideas? Using Java I have Smack which can either get msgs sync or
async, but I found nothing that can do this in Python.

Thanks,
Gabriel

--
Arimaz SA
Ingénieur en Informatique

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Gabriel
Rossetti wrote:

> I am looking for blocking XMPP API. I'm wanting to make a webservice
> that uses XMPP, but all the XMPP libs I find are non-blocking (i.e. w/
> callbacks).

So why not have the caller sleep or something until the callback is invoked?

It's easier to turn an async API into a synchronous one than the other way
round.

Gabriel Rossetti

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Gabriel
> Rossetti wrote:
>

>> I am looking for blocking XMPP API. I'm wanting to make a webservice
>> that uses XMPP, but all the XMPP libs I find are non-blocking (i.e. w/
>> callbacks).
>>

> So why not have the caller sleep or something until the callback is invoked?
>
> It's easier to turn an async API into a synchronous one than the other way
> round.

Yes, that is what I ended up doing, thanks for the response though

Gabriel

webcam in gtalk/xmpp Astan Chee Python 0 09-14-2010 11:32 PM
Re: XMPP xmpppy - User Authorization James Mills Python 3 12-15-2008 04:49 PM
XMPP xmpppy - User Authorization James Mills Python 0 11-05-2008 01:28 AM
parsing xml (xmpp) with ruby Eric Will Ruby 3 09-27-2008 10:10 PM
SIP/SIMPLE - XMPP/Jingle : Wildfire + Asterisk + SER kael UK VOIP 6 02-13-2007 09:00 AM

Advertisments