Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Setting up a Wirless Network

Setting up a Wirless Network

BH2

Hi guys,
Just a basic question, I am new to wireless networking, infact I have the
hardware and just need some advice. When installing/setting up the wireless
network, do I set up the hardware first according to the manufacturers
instructions, or do I use the wireless networking setup in the control panel
if so what order, sorry about this question, but I got to start somewhere.
Thanks for any advice you can give me
Regards
BH2

Kevin

Follow the instructions for setting up your network that are provided by the
manufacturer of your equipment. The Windows Help and Support library is
full of useful information on setting up networks. Google is your best
resource for information.

"BH2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi guys,
> Just a basic question, I am new to wireless networking, infact I have
> the hardware and just need some advice. When installing/setting up the
> wireless network, do I set up the hardware first according to the
> manufacturers instructions, or do I use the wireless networking setup in
> the control panel if so what order, sorry about this question, but I got
> to start somewhere. Thanks for any advice you can give me
> Regards
> BH2

Jack

Hi
May be this can Help.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"BH2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi guys,
> Just a basic question, I am new to wireless networking, infact I have

the
> hardware and just need some advice. When installing/setting up the

wireless
> network, do I set up the hardware first according to the manufacturers
> instructions, or do I use the wireless networking setup in the control

panel
> if so what order, sorry about this question, but I got to start

somewhere.
> Thanks for any advice you can give me
> Regards
> BH2

BH2

Thanks for your help guys much appreciated
Regards
Bob