Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Report Spam

Reply
Thread Tools

Report Spam

 
 
Report Spam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-09-2009
Report each of these Unsolicited Commercial SPAM postings,
simply by forwarding the originals to each of the addresses
below:

Forward copy of the Original SPAM message to: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Forward copy of the Original SPAM message to: (E-Mail Removed)
Forward copy of the Original SPAM message to: (E-Mail Removed)
__________________________________________________ _______________

The Knujon Project has been successful in shutting down a
large number of junk email websites, (over 200,000), as well
as those conducting illegal activities, such as Deposit Scams,
Phishing Scams, and so on. It is free to report these Spam
messages to Kunjon, including email Spam, but you can also
sign up for a free account, and get your own personal reporting
address, which gives you reports on your progress against the
Spammers you report. For any that are interested, here is the
URL: http://knujon.com/index.html

The problem with filtering these Spam messages, is that the
Spammers are constantly changing their headers to defeat the
Spam filters. And filtered messages are still wasting valuable
bandwidth, that we all are paying for in one way or another.

The problem with (E-Mail Removed), even when they do
ban a Spammer, is that the Spammer then simply signs up for a
new free account, and continues Spamming. But at least it causes
them some inconvenience. Of course, only report the Spam that
originates from Google Groups to their abuse address, but in
my experience, 99% of the Usenet Spam come from Google Groups.

Using the (E-Mail Removed) reporting address sends a copy of the Spam
message to the FTC, where they are building a database of habitual
Spam producing websites. All part of the fight.

None of these are instant gratification solutions, but in my opinion,
it is worth the effort, and the few minutes of time it takes. We can
either fight these habitual Spammers, or we can lie down and take it,
and put up with the abuse. I choose to fight, taking on these abusers,
one Spammer at a time.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I encourage you to take
the time to Report Spam. As little or as much as you have the time to
fool with, but each report adds to the total. Enough complaints, and
sooner or later, these Website Registrars have to take action. Thank
you for your time.

P.S. There are also other resources and tools, such as browser add-ons
and plug-ins, that allow simple click reporting, and other reporting
sites, such as SpamCop, for email Spam only.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Alan Woodland
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-09-2009
Report Spam wrote:
> Report each of these Unsolicited Commercial SPAM postings,
> simply by forwarding the originals to each of the addresses
> below:
>
> Forward copy of the Original SPAM message to: (E-Mail Removed)
> Forward copy of the Original SPAM message to: (E-Mail Removed)
> Forward copy of the Original SPAM message to: (E-Mail Removed)
> __________________________________________________ _______________
>
> The Knujon Project has been successful in shutting down a
> large number of junk email websites, (over 200,000), as well
> as those conducting illegal activities, such as Deposit Scams,
> Phishing Scams, and so on. It is free to report these Spam
> messages to Kunjon, including email Spam, but you can also
> sign up for a free account, and get your own personal reporting
> address, which gives you reports on your progress against the
> Spammers you report. For any that are interested, here is the
> URL: http://knujon.com/index.html
>



[snip OT rambling]

I wonder if this is not spam itself? It certainly fits my definition,
it's an off-topic shameless promotion of an US-centric 3rd party
service, with an obviously forged return address...

Alan
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Vlad
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-20-2009
Alan Woodland <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:dmugi6x1sk.ln2
@news.aber.ac.uk:

> Report Spam wrote:
>> Report each of these Unsolicited Commercial SPAM postings,
>> simply by forwarding the originals to each of the addresses
>> below:
>>
>> Forward copy of the Original SPAM message to: (E-Mail Removed)
>> Forward copy of the Original SPAM message to: (E-Mail Removed)
>> Forward copy of the Original SPAM message to: (E-Mail Removed)
>> __________________________________________________ _______________
>>
>> The Knujon Project has been successful in shutting down a
>> large number of junk email websites, (over 200,000), as well
>> as those conducting illegal activities, such as Deposit Scams,
>> Phishing Scams, and so on. It is free to report these Spam
>> messages to Kunjon, including email Spam, but you can also
>> sign up for a free account, and get your own personal reporting
>> address, which gives you reports on your progress against the
>> Spammers you report. For any that are interested, here is the
>> URL: http://knujon.com/index.html
>>

>
>
> [snip OT rambling]
>
> I wonder if this is not spam itself? It certainly fits my definition,
> it's an off-topic shameless promotion of an US-centric 3rd party
> service, with an obviously forged return address...
>
> Alan
>


Sorry if my post annoyed you. I was simply trying to help,
since the topic of the Spam problem had been brought up
in a couple of other threads. I thought pointing out a few
resources for reporting Spam would be helpful. I have been
harvesting these habitual Spam postings from this group for
a couple of weeks now, and reporting them daily, just trying
to help fight your Spam problem, and slow these Spammers
down.

Btw, I clearly marked my return address as INVALID, since I
was not trying to fool anyone. I just know better than to post
a valid e-mail address, so these e-mail harvesting bots that
roam Usenet, can readily harvest it. But being a programmer,
you probably were already aware of the various bots that the
Spammers and Hackers are using. And since you seemed to
infer otherwise, let me state that Knujon is not a commercial
service, but a free Spam and Scam reporting resource, working
with other Spam-fighting organizations, and agencies. I am not
affilliated with them, other than I use their resources to report
Phishing scams, Deposit scams, and other Spam.

I am still trying to figure out why my single post offering some
suggestions for reporting these floods of Commercial Spam
postings bothered you so much. At any rate, I apologize if my
post offended you somehow. Good luck.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Report Spam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-20-2009
Sorry, not trying to fool anyone. I just forgot to change
profiles. Vlad = Report Spam. Both me.

Vlad <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns9C4E61B42634DvladimpalerINVALIDco@69.16.18 6.8:

> Alan Woodland <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:dmugi6x1sk.ln2
> @news.aber.ac.uk:
>
>> Report Spam wrote:
>>> Report each of these Unsolicited Commercial SPAM postings,
>>> simply by forwarding the originals to each of the addresses
>>> below:
>>>
>>> Forward copy of the Original SPAM message to: (E-Mail Removed)
>>> Forward copy of the Original SPAM message to: (E-Mail Removed)
>>> Forward copy of the Original SPAM message to: (E-Mail Removed)
>>> __________________________________________________ _______________
>>>
>>> The Knujon Project has been successful in shutting down a
>>> large number of junk email websites, (over 200,000), as well
>>> as those conducting illegal activities, such as Deposit Scams,
>>> Phishing Scams, and so on. It is free to report these Spam
>>> messages to Kunjon, including email Spam, but you can also
>>> sign up for a free account, and get your own personal reporting
>>> address, which gives you reports on your progress against the
>>> Spammers you report. For any that are interested, here is the
>>> URL: http://knujon.com/index.html
>>>

>>
>>
>> [snip OT rambling]
>>
>> I wonder if this is not spam itself? It certainly fits my definition,
>> it's an off-topic shameless promotion of an US-centric 3rd party
>> service, with an obviously forged return address...
>>
>> Alan
>>

>
> Sorry if my post annoyed you. I was simply trying to help,
> since the topic of the Spam problem had been brought up
> in a couple of other threads. I thought pointing out a few
> resources for reporting Spam would be helpful. I have been
> harvesting these habitual Spam postings from this group for
> a couple of weeks now, and reporting them daily, just trying
> to help fight your Spam problem, and slow these Spammers
> down.
>
> Btw, I clearly marked my return address as INVALID, since I
> was not trying to fool anyone. I just know better than to post
> a valid e-mail address, so these e-mail harvesting bots that
> roam Usenet, can readily harvest it. But being a programmer,
> you probably were already aware of the various bots that the
> Spammers and Hackers are using. And since you seemed to
> infer otherwise, let me state that Knujon is not a commercial
> service, but a free Spam and Scam reporting resource, working
> with other Spam-fighting organizations, and agencies. I am not
> affilliated with them, other than I use their resources to report
> Phishing scams, Deposit scams, and other Spam.
>
> I am still trying to figure out why my single post offering some
> suggestions for reporting these floods of Commercial Spam
> postings bothered you so much. At any rate, I apologize if my
> post offended you somehow. Good luck.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spam-Spam and more Spam C A Preston Computer Support 2 04-12-2004 07:15 PM



Advertisments