Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > re Running Office 97 professional on Vista

re Running Office 97 professional on Vista

Jeff Strickland

"Deebrief" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Js65m.61742$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> Hi
>
> Will running my old Office 97 be possible on Vista, bearing in mind there
> is a 60 day trial version of Office on the new system I recently bought.
>

> Cheers
>

> Dee

I don't know that Office '97 will even run on Vista. I run Office '03 on
Vista without any problem at all. I removed the trial version of Office '07
before I installed Office '03.

You will want to uninstall Office '07 before you even attempt to install
anything else.

Office '03 has a patch that will allow you to open Office '07 files that are
created by others and sent to you. I don't know if there is a similar patch
to support Office '97. I suggest you move away from '97 and go to '03, or
you might suffer compatibility issues in the not-too-distant future.

Deebrief

Hi

Will running my old Office 97 be possible on Vista, bearing in mind there is
a 60 day trial version of Office on the new system I recently bought.

Cheers

Dee

GTS

"Deebrief" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Js65m.61742$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> Hi
>
> Will running my old Office 97 be possible on Vista, bearing in mind there
> is a 60 day trial version of Office on the new system I recently bought.
>

> Cheers
>

> Dee

No. Office 2000 and up are Vista compatible. 97 is not.

baron

Deebrief Inscribed thus:

> Hi
>
> Will running my old Office 97 be possible on Vista, bearing in mind
> there is a 60 day trial version of Office on the new system I recently
> bought.
>

> Cheers
>

> Dee

Dump it ! Go to "www.openoffice.org" and download "Open Office" its
free and will read/write M$ data.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Baron

dennis meissner wrote:

> "baron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:h34e6q$euv$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> Deebrief Inscribed thus:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Will running my old Office 97 be possible on Vista, bearing in mind
>>> there is a 60 day trial version of Office on the new system I
>>> recently bought.
>>>

>>> Cheers
>>>

>>> Dee

>> Dump it ! Go to "www.openoffice.org" and download "Open Office" its
>> free and will read/write M$ data.
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards:
>> Baron.

> I totally agree... openoffice is great and at a very good price...
> free!
>
> Any ideas about 2007 compatability?
>
> thanks
> Dennis

Unfortunately no ! Non of my clients will use it. They all use "Open
Office"... Except one. They prefer "Wordperfect"

--
Best Regards:
Baron.