Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Cannot Create a Database in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express

Cannot Create a Database in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express

Creating a Database in VWD

Hi Friends,

I have installed Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express from the link:
http://microsoft.com/express/vwd. During the installation, I was asked to
choose whether to install SQL Server 2008 Express and I selected it. Upon
completion, when I try to create a database in Visual Web Developer by right
clicking on the App_Data folder and selecting New Item; choose SQL Server
Database, an error comes up saying Cannot create a user instance of SQL
Server due to failure to start the service for the instance. The connection
will now close.

I have administrative privileges on my computer but it is not working.
Please help me solve it.