Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > Convert .doc to .pdf from Java application

Convert .doc to .pdf from Java application

mfv mfv is offline
Junior Member

Hello,

I need to convert a file .doc to a file .pdf from my application Java.

I have to use PDFCreator, but I do not want that the user of my java application has to configure options of the PDFCreator because I want to save the file .pdf that is generated in a location (a temp directory) to be able to recover it later.

I have to change the options of the PDFCreator, later print and finally change again the options of the PDFCreator to leave them as they were before changing them initially.

The problem is that I do not know how I can do so that the PDFCreator does these three things in the suitable order.

I manage to change the options of the PDFCreator and I manage to print, but it happens the printing executes before options change (options of autosave) and then the graphical interfaz of the PDFCreator appears to the user in order that he establishes the options and it is what I do not want.

I am using java2com to interact with the interfaz COM of the PDFCreator.

Thanks in advance

Qoppa_Susan Qoppa_Susan is offline
Junior Member
Location: Woodstock, GA

jWordConvert, recently released, is a Java library that can read and render Word documents natively
  • to convert to PDF
  • to convert to images
  • or to print the documents automatically
.
It runs on all platforms, and can convert without user intervention and without the need for any other software.