Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Metric Changed

Metric Changed

=?Utf-8?B?RWR3aW4gTG9v?=

I am using an IBM notebook with wireless built in but there is a problem
that when I am back home with my home wireless network and then back to office
the metric in the wireless adaptor TCP/IP changed from my original setting
"AUTOMATIC" to 1 and 10. Can you help me on this?

When the metric changed, I will have problems in accessing my office others
sharde PC or printers even with the administrator password.

I am using a R51 IBM notebook and running on WinXP. office server is on
win2003.

Please help me on this issue.

RobDee

"Edwin Loo" <Edwin http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am using an IBM notebook with wireless built in but there is a problem
> that when I am back home with my home wireless network and then back to
> office
> the metric in the wireless adaptor TCP/IP changed from my original setting
> "AUTOMATIC" to 1 and 10. Can you help me on this?
>
> When the metric changed, I will have problems in accessing my office
> others
> sharde PC or printers even with the administrator password.
>
> I am using a R51 IBM notebook and running on WinXP. office server is on
> win2003.

I have the same computer. Are you using IBM Access Connections software? I
use it and regularly connect at multiple locations and it saves all the
settings for each location perfectly.

Rob

BGP - metric David Hill Cisco 5 06-26-2009 10:05 PM
How OSPF metric? BB Cisco 3 06-18-2008 12:00 PM
explicitly set metric for one static route Daniel Eyholzer Cisco 10 12-08-2004 03:49 AM
Backup route with better eigrp metric Daniel Eyholzer Cisco 3 12-06-2004 04:57 AM
automatic default route propagation into RIP: default metric Ben Low Cisco 2 12-28-2003 03:57 AM

Advertisments