Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Upgrade to MCTS

Upgrade to MCTS

John R

"Michael Parent" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> IMO the certification planner is horribly confusing and useless, in my
> case
> at llst, as far as informing me what exams I need to take. It tells me
> that I
> need 290 and 291 as well as 293 and 294.

If you have MCSE 2000 and have not taken 292 or 296, that would be correct.

A common misconception these days is that you can "upgrade" from 2000 to
2003. That all depends on your definition of "upgrade". Since 2000 is
retired (and all of the exams that go with it including 292 and 296), there
are no "upgrade" exams available to move from MCSE 2000 to MCSE 2003.
However, should you achieve MCSE 2003, you have certainly "upgraded".

Since the "upgrade" exams are not available, the only way to achieve MCSA or
MCSE 2003 is to go straight at them from scratch. However, having MCSE 2000
gives you a head start as you already have an acceptable client component, a
design component, and the MCSE 2000 itself satisfies the elective component.
This leaves you with 290, 291, 293, and 294. You will have earned MCSE 2003
based on the core compents (in which case you did not follow an "upgrade"
path), but you will have upgraded in the sense that you moved from MCSE 2000
to MCSE 2003.

John R

PAJ

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:25:32 -0400, "John R"
<jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote:

>Please print this out and then follow it step by step...

Don't fecking print it out for fecks sake MS are green now!!!!!!
Moron!

PAJ

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 13:49:08 -0400, "John R"
<jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote:

>I certainly would not call my remark to him as "condescension, arrogance and
>smart remarks".

Shows what you know!

>I might say 'sense of humor'.

hahah fecking hahahahahaahhaahahhah

>I don't endeavor to endear myself to anyone.

Feckin right you don't, you moron!!!!!
I just don't get that warn fuzzy feeling with you.

John R

"PAJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I just don't get that warn fuzzy feeling with you.

Trust me, I don't think either of us wants to get 'warm and fuzzy' with the
other, lol

Michael Parent

"John R" wrote:

> I certainly would not call my remark to him as "condescension, arrogance and
> smart remarks". I might say 'sense of humor'.

Assuming I can take you at face value, I guess all I can say is that you may
want to be mindful of the fact that some senses of humor translate better in
person...

John R

"Michael Parent" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "John R" wrote:
>
>> I certainly would not call my remark to him as "condescension, arrogance
>> and
>> smart remarks". I might say 'sense of humor'.

> Assuming I can take you at face value, I guess all I can say is that you
> may
> want to be mindful of the fact that some senses of humor translate better
> in
> person...

I guess you're right. I probably should have posted this link...
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=upgrade+mcse+2000+to+mcse+2003

But then people would have found something else to complain to me about

Ya know, I used to be Mr. Sensitive and Mr. Patience all rolled into one in
this newsgroup, but then people started lambasting me about that, and that
the best way to help someone is to show them how to help themselves. So,
now when I add a little edge, I get grief the other way.

Que Sara Sara

John R