Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Vsn 3.5 / tab problem

Vsn 3.5 / tab problem

Abay

Hello .. I just upgraded to Firefox 3.5 after reading a review of how fast
it was. It does seem to be faster than my previous 3.? version. However I
have a problem added a url to my bookmarks toolbar. In previous versions I
could drag the current url to the toolbar, unfortunately I can't do this
with the latest version.

Do I need an "add-in" to do this .. I didn't before.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Abay

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Abay wrote:
> Hello .. I just upgraded to Firefox 3.5 after reading a review of how fast
> it was. It does seem to be faster than my previous 3.? version. However I
> have a problem added a url to my bookmarks toolbar. In previous versions I
> could drag the current url to the toolbar, unfortunately I can't do this
> with the latest version.
>
> Do I need an "add-in" to do this .. I didn't before.
>
> Any help would be most appreciated.
>
> Abay

nope, it works for me. As a test, close FF, then click
on the windows start button, then run and enter:

firefox.exe -safe-mode

this will start FF in safe mode, which means FF will
start without any addons, themes, etc. Test out FF.
Does the problem continue in safe mode?

help!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Abay

Many thanks for your reply Peter .. unfortunately starting in safe mode did
not do the trick. I still cannot drag a url to my bookmarks tool bar .. a
circle with the / through it ..

Abay

"Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in message news:h2ohi9$vij$(E-Mail Removed)-net.net...
> Abay wrote:
>> Hello .. I just upgraded to Firefox 3.5 after reading a review of how
>> fast it was. It does seem to be faster than my previous 3.? version.
>> However I have a problem added a url to my bookmarks toolbar. In
>> previous versions I could drag the current url to the toolbar,
>> unfortunately I can't do this with the latest version.
>>
>> Do I need an "add-in" to do this .. I didn't before.
>>
>> Any help would be most appreciated.
>>
>> Abay

> nope, it works for me. As a test, close FF, then click on the windows
> start button, then run and enter:
>
> firefox.exe -safe-mode
>
> this will start FF in safe mode, which means FF will start without any
> addons, themes, etc. Test out FF. Does the problem continue in safe mode?
>
> --
> *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email help!!!!
>
> Warning: Private emails sent to me may become public
>
> Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
> http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/mp3/p-potamus.mp3
> http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Rom

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 18:40:18 -0700, Abay wrote:

> Many thanks for your reply Peter .. unfortunately starting in safe mode did
> not do the trick. I still cannot drag a url to my bookmarks tool bar .. a
> circle with the / through it ..

Can you add a bookmark by any other bookmarking methods here?:
<http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Bookmarks#How_to_bookmark_a_page>

If not, have a look at these articles:
<http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Bookmarks+not+saved>
<http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Bookmarks+and+toolbar+buttons+not+working+after+up grading>

and then see if trying all the steps including the optional #1 and #4
in the "Places database file" section in those above articles helps.

--
Rom