Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > stored procedures

stored procedures

Isz

Hello,

I have an ASP .NET application that uses a SQL stored procedure to page results back to the application. I'm doing this because I am using the Repeater control for it's customization. My question is how do I handle the case where no results are returned? I'm checking the return value and I'm checking to see if there is a table in the DataSet collection as well as checking to see whether there are any rows in that table. No matter what I do, IE returns a page cannot be displayed error message, even though I have turned off "Show friendly error messages" in IE.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks

---
Posted using Wimdows.net NntpNews Component - Posted from .NET's Largest Community Website: http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/newsgroups/

Bin Song

Hi

First try to disable customErrors. Check Web.config in
your project, change mode for customErrors to Off
like:
<!--<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" />-->
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
Then you should be able to see the real error message.

Bin Song, MCP

Isz

I have customErrors off. I still get the same thing

Here is my Web.Config

<configuration
<system.web
<customErrors mode="Off"/
<compilation debug="true"/
</system.web
</configuration>

---
Posted using Wimdows.net NntpNews Component - Posted from .NET's Largest Community Website: http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/newsgroups/

Jim Blizzard [MSFT]

Hi Isz,

Thanks for using the newsgroups.

The problem shouldn't have to do with the empty DataSet. If the DataSet is
empty then nothing will be displayed by the Repeater.

There's something else wrong with the site.

Some things you could look into...
* Do other pages for the site work properly?
* Can you step through the code for the offending page all the way to the
end?
* You may want to do a search on support.microsoft.com for the exact error
message that's being returned from your web site.

Hope this helps,
-bliz

--
Jim Blizzard, MCSD .NET
Community Developer Evangelist | http://www.microsoft.com/communities

This posting is provided AS IS, without warranty and confers no rights.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...