Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows 7 -on sale-preorder offer

Windows 7 -on sale-preorder offer

RoseW

Microsoft has announced on its Windows 7 preorder page that it will offer a
special price of about $49 for the Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade and about
$99 for the Windows 7 Professional upgrade. You can order the upgrades from
various retailers or directly from the Microsoft Store.
-Available until July 11/09 in Can. and U.S.
-from the paid version of Windows Secrets Newsletter July 2/09
The above prices are U.S. - Canadian prices are 69 and 129.00 plus taxes.
Selected vendors have the pre-order offer.
When I went to the site the 'Microsoft Store' link didn't jump out at me.
I tried a vendor that has an outlet in my town (Ontario, Canada)and the Pro
version was 'sold out'. They had received a limited amount two days before
and that list was totally booked. I got an order for two copies in to
Staples Canada onlinr which had a follow-up confirmation so I assume if
they've got my money that an order (free shipping) will arrive in a few
months.

Only the Home and the Pro have the pre-order offer. Ultimate (about $220
U.S)is not on the 'sale' list.

European -Other discounts apply to online orders in France, Germany, and the
U.K. between July 15 and Aug. 14. In the U.K., the pre-release price for a
Win7 Home Premium upgrade is 49.99 pounds - which is 66% more than the
comparable U.S. price - and in France and Germany it runs 49.99 euros - 41%
more than the U.S. price.
There was a rhetorical question for Europeans ordering:
'It's entirely possible to order Windows 7 Home Premium from, say, the Fry's
Electronics product page, wherever you may be in the world. At this point,
it isn't clear whether Fry's - or any other retailer, for that matter - will
ship the Windows 7 upgrade outside of the U.S. and Canada.'

Rose

--
http://rwgallery.gogax.com

Bobby Johnson

And today there's articles about a Family Upgrade where you get a
license for 3 family computers for $189. You'd save $40 by buying 3
each @ $49.

RoseW wrote:
> Microsoft has announced on its Windows 7 preorder page that it will offer a
> special price of about $49 for the Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade and about
> $99 for the Windows 7 Professional upgrade. You can order the upgrades from
> various retailers or directly from the Microsoft Store.
> -Available until July 11/09 in Can. and U.S.
> -from the paid version of Windows Secrets Newsletter July 2/09
> The above prices are U.S. - Canadian prices are 69 and 129.00 plus taxes.
> Selected vendors have the pre-order offer.
> When I went to the site the 'Microsoft Store' link didn't jump out at me.
> I tried a vendor that has an outlet in my town (Ontario, Canada)and the Pro
> version was 'sold out'. They had received a limited amount two days before
> and that list was totally booked. I got an order for two copies in to
> Staples Canada onlinr which had a follow-up confirmation so I assume if
> they've got my money that an order (free shipping) will arrive in a few
> months.
>
> Only the Home and the Pro have the pre-order offer. Ultimate (about $220
> U.S)is not on the 'sale' list.
>
> European -Other discounts apply to online orders in France, Germany, and the
> U.K. between July 15 and Aug. 14. In the U.K., the pre-release price for a
> Win7 Home Premium upgrade is 49.99 pounds - which is 66% more than the
> comparable U.S. price - and in France and Germany it runs 49.99 euros - 41%
> more than the U.S. price.
> There was a rhetorical question for Europeans ordering:
> 'It's entirely possible to order Windows 7 Home Premium from, say, the Fry's
> Electronics product page, wherever you may be in the world. At this point,
> it isn't clear whether Fry's - or any other retailer, for that matter - will
> ship the Windows 7 upgrade outside of the U.S. and Canada.'
>
> Rose

Sparky

Hey Bobby...where's the bitching about the marketing NOW .????? and not one
WORD about the software itself....
Hell , she doesn't have 64bit anywhere to be seen...yet you kindly offered
your words of wisdom

"Bobby Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uBigpEB$(E-Mail Removed)...
> And today there's articles about a Family Upgrade where you get a license
> for 3 family computers for $189. You'd save $40 by buying 3 each @ $49.
>

> RoseW wrote:
>> Microsoft has announced on its Windows 7 preorder page that it will offer
>> a special price of about $49 for the Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade and
>> about $99 for the Windows 7 Professional upgrade. You can order the
>> upgrades from various retailers or directly from the Microsoft Store.
>> -Available until July 11/09 in Can. and U.S.
>> -from the paid version of Windows Secrets Newsletter July 2/09
>> The above prices are U.S. - Canadian prices are 69 and 129.00 plus taxes.
>> Selected vendors have the pre-order offer.
>> When I went to the site the 'Microsoft Store' link didn't jump out at me.
>> I tried a vendor that has an outlet in my town (Ontario, Canada)and the
>> Pro version was 'sold out'. They had received a limited amount two days
>> before and that list was totally booked. I got an order for two copies in
>> to Staples Canada onlinr which had a follow-up confirmation so I assume
>> if they've got my money that an order (free shipping) will arrive in a
>> few months.
>>
>> Only the Home and the Pro have the pre-order offer. Ultimate (about $220
>> U.S)is not on the 'sale' list.
>>
>> European -Other discounts apply to online orders in France, Germany, and
>> the U.K. between July 15 and Aug. 14. In the U.K., the pre-release price
>> for a Win7 Home Premium upgrade is 49.99 pounds - which is 66% more than
>> the comparable U.S. price - and in France and Germany it runs 49.99
>> euros - 41% more than the U.S. price.
>> There was a rhetorical question for Europeans ordering:
>> 'It's entirely possible to order Windows 7 Home Premium from, say, the
>> Fry's Electronics product page, wherever you may be in the world. At this
>> point, it isn't clear whether Fry's - or any other retailer, for that
>> matter - will ship the Windows 7 upgrade outside of the U.S. and Canada.'
>>
>> Rose

Bobby Johnson

You guys told me to lighten up and now you're complaining because I did.
I guess some people can't be appeased no matter what you do!

Sparky wrote:
> Hey Bobby...where's the bitching about the marketing NOW .????? and not
> one WORD about the software itself....
> Hell , she doesn't have 64bit anywhere to be seen...yet you kindly
> offered your words of wisdom
>

> "Bobby Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uBigpEB$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> And today there's articles about a Family Upgrade where you get a
>> license for 3 family computers for $189. You'd save $40 by buying 3
>> each @ $49.
>>

>> RoseW wrote:
>>> Microsoft has announced on its Windows 7 preorder page that it will
>>> offer a special price of about $49 for the Windows 7 Home Premium
>>> upgrade and about $99 for the Windows 7 Professional upgrade. You can
>>> order the upgrades from various retailers or directly from the
>>> Microsoft Store.
>>> -Available until July 11/09 in Can. and U.S.
>>> -from the paid version of Windows Secrets Newsletter July 2/09
>>> The above prices are U.S. - Canadian prices are 69 and 129.00 plus
>>> taxes.
>>> Selected vendors have the pre-order offer.
>>> When I went to the site the 'Microsoft Store' link didn't jump out at
>>> me.
>>> I tried a vendor that has an outlet in my town (Ontario, Canada)and
>>> the Pro version was 'sold out'. They had received a limited amount
>>> two days before and that list was totally booked. I got an order for
>>> two copies in to Staples Canada onlinr which had a follow-up
>>> confirmation so I assume if they've got my money that an order (free
>>> shipping) will arrive in a few months.
>>>
>>> Only the Home and the Pro have the pre-order offer. Ultimate (about
>>> $220 U.S)is not on the 'sale' list.
>>>
>>> European -Other discounts apply to online orders in France, Germany,
>>> and the U.K. between July 15 and Aug. 14. In the U.K., the
>>> pre-release price for a Win7 Home Premium upgrade is 49.99 pounds -
>>> which is 66% more than the comparable U.S. price - and in France and
>>> Germany it runs 49.99 euros - 41% more than the U.S. price.
>>> There was a rhetorical question for Europeans ordering:
>>> 'It's entirely possible to order Windows 7 Home Premium from, say,
>>> the Fry's Electronics product page, wherever you may be in the world.
>>> At this point, it isn't clear whether Fry's - or any other retailer,
>>> for that matter - will ship the Windows 7 upgrade outside of the U.S.
>>> and Canada.'
>>>
>>> Rose

RoseW

On each version (Home and Pro) disk there is a 64bit and a 32bit executable.
I assumed if people were interested in pre-ordering they would see that in
the product description. I have 64 on one machine and 32 on the other
machine. Since I ordered two types (Pro and Home) I suspect the offer for 3
computers wouldn't apply.
The Windows Secrets news article was more informative than the detail at the
Microsoft site so I can see why questions would be asked to ensure what is
actually being purchased. I thought Windows 7 was going to be totally 64bit
so was a bit surprised to see that isn't the case.
Rose

news:eFxERMF$(E-Mail Removed)...