Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Dimdows Preinstall Reality

Dimdows Preinstall Reality

Me

Craig Sutton wrote:

> "Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:h2h0ru$5g9$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>>
>>> The uninstalls and reboots take HOURS. I use another tool,
>>> CCleaner, to
>>> turn off programs in Startup that aren’t frequently needed.

>> perhaps a clue to the fiasco is revealed in that statement - ie he
>> really didn't have a clue to start with

> Yeah he bought a DELL his own stupid fault

LOL. And wrt my recent experiences with Dell, Toshiba, and Acer, then
the significant difference is -> <-.

The most time consuming part was making recovery disks if they don't
come with them. That's a major PITA, for the sake of the makers saving
a couple of bucks.

Alan

"Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h2j51a$507$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Craig Sutton wrote:
>>
>> "Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:h2h0ru$5g9$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> perhaps a clue to the fiasco is revealed in that statement - ie he
>>> really didn't have a clue to start with

>> Yeah he bought a DELL his own stupid fault
>>

> LOL. And wrt my recent experiences with Dell, Toshiba, and Acer,
> then the significant difference is -> <-.
>
> The most time consuming part was making recovery disks if they don't
> come with them. That's a major PITA, for the sake of the makers
> saving a couple of bucks.

Quick image using your favourite imaging app - 10 or 15 mins?

I've never really understood the issue myself.

Must be missing something.

Alan.

My unmunged email is: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (valid for 30 days
min probably much longer).