Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Do not contact server before reloading a page?

Do not contact server before reloading a page?

John Doe

If possible... What are the settings to force Firefox to just reload an
ordinary Web page that is already in the cache, without contacting the
server?

Thanks.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

John Doe wrote:
> If possible... What are the settings to force Firefox to just reload an
> ordinary Web page that is already in the cache, without contacting the
> server?
>
> Thanks.

in the address bar type in about:config and click the I
Promise button that you are presented with. Then look
for this entry:

browser.cache.check_doc_frequency

once found, double click on it and change it to one of
these numbers:

0 = once per session
1 = everytime I view the page
2 = never