Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Group Policy vs File Protections

Group Policy vs File Protections

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <4a4b4b92$(E-Mail Removed)>, Collector€NZ wrote:

> ... Iwould at this stage not have linux desktops, we cannot manage it with
> the level of control we get with MS enterprise.

Your Linux desktops can give you finer granularity of control than any
Windows setup can possibly manage. For instance, filesystem namespaces can
be controlled on a per-process basis--different processes running on the
same machine can be differently constrained in what objects they see
<http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-mount-namespaces.html>.