Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: Need xp sp2 or sp3 for 64 bit.

Re: Need xp sp2 or sp3 for 64 bit.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

[Forwarded to Windows 64-bit General newsgroup via crosspost.]

Not exactly sure what you're looking for but...

Information about Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and for Windows Server
2008:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948465

Service Pack 2 for Windows XP Professional, x64 Edition
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...4-b2f0315b2ae6

^^^ the above link's unreachable for me right now ("We are sorry, the page
you requested cannot be found")/YMMV ^^^^
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Mehbs wrote:
> I have 64 bit windows 2008 server.
> I am using Hyper V and have created a virtual pc with xp on it. But now
> it
> is useless without installing sp2 or sp3 of 64 bit.
>
> I would appreciate if you kindly provide me a link where I can find the
> sp3
> for windows 2008.

Carlos

SP2 for XP x64 direct download link:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...P2-x64-ENU.exe

And this is the corresponding kb article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914961/en-us

Carlos

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Forwarded to Windows 64-bit General newsgroup via crosspost.]
>
> Not exactly sure what you're looking for but...
>
> Information about Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and for Windows Server
> 2008:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948465
>
> Service Pack 2 for Windows XP Professional, x64 Edition
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...4-b2f0315b2ae6
>
> ^^^ the above link's unreachable for me right now ("We are sorry, the page
> you requested cannot be found")/YMMV ^^^^
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Mehbs wrote:
> > I have 64 bit windows 2008 server.
> > I am using Hyper V and have created a virtual pc with xp on it. But now
> > it
> > is useless without installing sp2 or sp3 of 64 bit.
> >
> > I would appreciate if you kindly provide me a link where I can find the
> > sp3
> > for windows 2008.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

That link's working now, for me:

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> [Forwarded to Windows 64-bit General newsgroup via crosspost.]
>
> Not exactly sure what you're looking for but...
>
> Information about Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and for Windows Server
> 2008:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948465
>
> Service Pack 2 for Windows XP Professional, x64 Edition
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...4-b2f0315b2ae6
>
> ^^^ the above link's unreachable for me right now ("We are sorry, the page
> you requested cannot be found")/YMMV ^^^^
>
> Mehbs wrote:
>> I have 64 bit windows 2008 server.
>> I am using Hyper V and have created a virtual pc with xp on it. But now
>> it
>> is useless without installing sp2 or sp3 of 64 bit.
>>
>> I would appreciate if you kindly provide me a link where I can find the
>> sp3
>> for windows 2008.

Tim Meddick

Robear,
Does the OP really want SP2 (64-bit) for Server 2003 or 2008
do you think ???

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23Lop2ee%(E-Mail Removed)...
> That link's working now, for me:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...4-b2f0315b2ae6
>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> [Forwarded to Windows 64-bit General newsgroup via crosspost.]
>>
>> Not exactly sure what you're looking for but...
>>
>> Information about Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and for Windows
>> Server
>> 2008:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948465
>>
>> Service Pack 2 for Windows XP Professional, x64 Edition
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...4-b2f0315b2ae6
>>
>> ^^^ the above link's unreachable for me right now ("We are sorry, the
>> page
>> you requested cannot be found")/YMMV ^^^^
>>
>> Mehbs wrote:
>>> I have 64 bit windows 2008 server.
>>> I am using Hyper V and have created a virtual pc with xp on it. But
>>> now
>>> it
>>> is useless without installing sp2 or sp3 of 64 bit.
>>>
>>> I would appreciate if you kindly provide me a link where I can find
>>> the
>>> sp3
>>> for windows 2008.