Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Print spooler service

Print spooler service

McFerg

I have a Gateway desktop computer with Windows XP, and I bought a Dell V505
printer. It worked for a few days, but now I get a message that the "print
spooler service is not running", also all the printer icons on the printer
properties screen disappear.
I went through Dell technical support, the tech. took over the computer and
it worked for a day, then the problem returned. He did say the problem was
with XP, not the printer. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"McFerg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a Gateway desktop computer with Windows XP, and I bought a Dell V505
>printer. It worked for a few days, but now I get a message that the "print
>spooler service is not running", also all the printer icons on the printer
>properties screen disappear.
>I went through Dell technical support, the tech. took over the computer and
>it worked for a day, then the problem returned. He did say the problem was
>with XP, not the printer. Any suggestions?
>Thanks.

Left WinKey+R, will open the Run command <type in>
services.msc
<enter>

Make sure your print Spooler service is running.
(really)

Goto "WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS"
and delete anything in the PRINTERS directory

USB? make sure it's fully plugged in.

--

Tombstone
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/9895/bmh.jpg

Diabolic Preacher

McFerg wrote:
> I have a Gateway desktop computer with Windows XP, and I bought a Dell V505
> printer. It worked for a few days, but now I get a message that the "print
> spooler service is not running", also all the printer icons on the printer
> properties screen disappear.
> I went through Dell technical support, the tech. took over the computer and
> it worked for a day, then the problem returned. He did say the problem was
> with XP, not the printer. Any suggestions?
> Thanks.

Goto Start>>Run... type 'services.msc' (without quotes) and scroll
through the list to find Print Spooler service. This needs to be
Started. If it is Stopped. Start it with the 'Start' Link on left hand
side. If it fails to start, check through the error message and see if
any dependent services have failed to start. This way you can trace the
root of the problem.

Diabolic Preacher
As Is
http://abusiveviews.wordpress.com