Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > 2 Computer & 2 monitors on 1 Keyboard & Mouse?

2 Computer & 2 monitors on 1 Keyboard & Mouse?

Richard

Can you have 2 computers and 2 monitors on one keyboard and mouse? I don't
want a KVM because I always want both computer on where I can see them at
all times but just take control of which one I want.

thanatoid

"Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:zsq2m.38185$(E-Mail Removed):

> Can you have 2 computers and 2 monitors on one keyboard and
> mouse? I don't want a KVM because I always want both
> computer on where I can see them at all times but just take
> control of which one I want.

You have to have a KVM, but you don't have to use ALL of its
options. I use two different mice but just one of the rest.

Get a KVM which can be controlled with hitting scroll lock twice
or something like that rather than by moving a switch on a box
or something equally annoying.

--
Lots of theoretical butchers are alleged and other bloody eyes
are suitable, but will Pam secure that?

Evan Platt

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 08:47:45 -0700, "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Can you have 2 computers and 2 monitors on one keyboard and mouse? I don't
>want a KVM because I always want both computer on where I can see them at
>all times but just take control of which one I want.

Yes. A KVM is keyboard, video, mouse obviously. There's no reason you
HAVE to hook up the V part. It's like a BLT without the Lettuce.

Or, if both computers are on the same LAN, look at Synergy.

http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

why?

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 08:47:45 -0700, Richard wrote:

>Can you have 2 computers and 2 monitors on one keyboard and mouse? I don't
>want a KVM because I always want both computer on where I can see them at

That's what a KVM does. It's not like you were thinking of the 2 PCs
being 100m away from each other using an IP KVM is it?

>all times but just take control of which one I want.

If networked, - 2 Computers, 1 monitor, 1K and 1M.
Try RealVNC, TightVNC or any other remote control software.

Me

Richard

>>Can you have 2 computers and 2 monitors on one keyboard and mouse? I don't
>>want a KVM because I always want both computer on where I can see them at
>>all times but just take control of which one I want.

> Yes. A KVM is keyboard, video, mouse obviously. There's no reason you
> HAVE to hook up the V part. It's like a BLT without the Lettuce.

I just happen to have two computers so why not just use them. I just don't
hook up the Video on the KVM. I have a habit of asking before I think. I
guess it's because I've been alone so long I just like to communicate with
others.

Richard

sittingduck

Richard wrote:

> Can you have 2 computers and 2 monitors on one keyboard and mouse? I don't
> want a KVM because I always want both computer on where I can see them at
> all times but just take control of which one I want.

You could hook both monitors to one computer and use realVNC or something
similar to control the other (if networked).

FS/FA: $5.00/ea - 15" - 21" CRT Computer Monitors (In Raleigh) - Working Great (Local Pickup to save on shipping costs) JLA ENTERPRISES Computer Support 3 03-25-2007 06:55 PM
Computer monitors m Ransley Digital Photography 158 12-18-2005 05:23 AM
Old Sun/Solaris systems/keyboard/monitors Roger Williams NZ Computing 1 05-18-2005 11:12 AM
Re: Are LCD Monitors Brigter than CRT Monitors Martin Digital Photography 0 09-08-2004 04:09 PM
Why are all widescreen laptops and computer monitors 16:10? Chop Top DVD Video 36 05-06-2004 03:39 AM

Advertisments