Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > BAUD rate problem

BAUD rate problem

debayan_p debayan_p is offline
Junior Member

Hi all,

I am designing an UART Tx-Rx. It will have all the features such as overflow, frame error, register empty, etc indicators. In addition I'll be using oversampling for bit detection and finally use Majority Polling to select out the correct bit coming into the Rx module.

Now many people say that the Rx baud pulse should be 8/16 times more than that of the Tx baud pulse !
Do I also need to implement this principle ? Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
Debayan Paul