Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Commented codes still affect the program

Commented codes still affect the program

Allen

I have a problem; I hope someone can help me. I have MS Visual c++
studio.net 2003. I notice that the compiler is acting up. If I comment a
block of code (For example if I use // ..or /* .... */), this commented
block can still affecting the program. I have to delete or cut the whole
block of commented code in order to prevent such effect. I remember I had
the problem before and someone from this newsgroup helped me to fix it.
If I remember correctly he talked about something like out of Sync.
Thanks.
Allen

Less Spam Better enjoyable experience
Visit : news://spacesst.com

Alexey Smirnov

On Jun 30, 3:51*am, "Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a problem; I hope someone can help me. *I have *MS Visual c++

You posted in the wrong group.

Patrice

Yes, IMO this is just that your last changed doesn't make it into the binary
file... Check for example the date/time of your build to check that it is
current. You likely run not what you just have build but some earlier EXE
file...

--
Patrice

"Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a problem; I hope someone can help me. I have MS Visual c++
> studio.net 2003. I notice that the compiler is acting up. If I comment a
> block of code (For example if I use // ..or /* .... */), this commented
> block can still affecting the program. I have to delete or cut the whole
> block of commented code in order to prevent such effect. I remember I had
> the problem before and someone from this newsgroup helped me to fix it. If
> I remember correctly he talked about something like out of Sync.
> Thanks.
> Allen

Allen

Thanks a lot Patrice
Your are right, but there is special procedure to solve this problem. May
be something has to be done to synchronize the binary and the others files

--
Thanks
Allen
"Patrice" <http://scribe-en.blogspot.com/> wrote in message
news:O87VIbV%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, IMO this is just that your last changed doesn't make it into the
> binary file... Check for example the date/time of your build to check that
> it is current. You likely run not what you just have build but some
> earlier EXE file...
>
> --
> Patrice
>

> "Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
> discussion : (E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have a problem; I hope someone can help me. I have MS Visual c++
>> studio.net 2003. I notice that the compiler is acting up. If I comment
>> a block of code (For example if I use // ..or /* .... */), this commented
>> block can still affecting the program. I have to delete or cut the whole
>> block of commented code in order to prevent such effect. I remember I
>> had the problem before and someone from this newsgroup helped me to fix
>> it. If I remember correctly he talked about something like out of Sync.
>> Thanks.
>> Allen

Patrice

It should just work. Do you have customized your build process ? Do you use
the proper EXE file (debug vs release) in case you don't launch from VS ? Do
you use the proper option on the various file (copy to the output directory)
? Precompiled header issue ? Does it produce this effect regardless of which
source file you have changed ? have you tried to rebuild all and restart
from there ?

A tool such as filemon from sysinternals could allow to check the file
activity and see where it fails or just check the archive (possibly on
google) to see if you find out the previous response you got...

I never had this problem myself...

--
Patrice

"Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : (E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks a lot Patrice
> Your are right, but there is special procedure to solve this problem. May
> be something has to be done to synchronize the binary and the others files
>
> --
> Thanks
> Allen
> "Patrice" <http://scribe-en.blogspot.com/> wrote in message
> news:O87VIbV%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yes, IMO this is just that your last changed doesn't make it into the
>> binary file... Check for example the date/time of your build to check
>> that it is current. You likely run not what you just have build but some
>> earlier EXE file...
>>
>> --
>> Patrice
>>

>> "Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
>> discussion : (E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I have a problem; I hope someone can help me. I have MS Visual c++
>>> studio.net 2003. I notice that the compiler is acting up. If I comment
>>> a block of code (For example if I use // ..or /* .... */), this
>>> commented block can still affecting the program. I have to delete or
>>> cut the whole block of commented code in order to prevent such effect.
>>> I remember I had the problem before and someone from this newsgroup
>>> helped me to fix it. If I remember correctly he talked about something
>>> like out of Sync.
>>> Thanks.
>>> Allen

Allen

HI Patrice,
I appreciate your efforts. There is some where we have to go and do some
setting. I went through this before.

--
Thanks
Allen
"Patrice" <http://scribe-en.blogspot.com/> wrote in message
news:%23yIWb7w%(E-Mail Removed)...
> It should just work. Do you have customized your build process ? Do you
> use the proper EXE file (debug vs release) in case you don't launch from
> VS ? Do you use the proper option on the various file (copy to the output
> directory) ? Precompiled header issue ? Does it produce this effect
> regardless of which source file you have changed ? have you tried to
> rebuild all and restart from there ?
>
> A tool such as filemon from sysinternals could allow to check the file
> activity and see where it fails or just check the archive (possibly on
> google) to see if you find out the previous response you got...
>
> I never had this problem myself...
>
> --
> Patrice
>

> "Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
> discussion : (E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks a lot Patrice
>> Your are right, but there is special procedure to solve this problem.
>> May be something has to be done to synchronize the binary and the others
>> files
>>
>> --
>> Thanks
>> Allen
>> "Patrice" <http://scribe-en.blogspot.com/> wrote in message
>> news:O87VIbV%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Yes, IMO this is just that your last changed doesn't make it into the
>>> binary file... Check for example the date/time of your build to check
>>> that it is current. You likely run not what you just have build but some
>>> earlier EXE file...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Patrice
>>>

>>> "Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
>>> discussion : (E-Mail Removed)...

Lloyd Sheen

"Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> HI Patrice,
> I appreciate your efforts. There is some where we have to go and do some
> setting. I went through this before.
>
> --
> Thanks
> Allen
> "Patrice" <http://scribe-en.blogspot.com/> wrote in message
> news:%23yIWb7w%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It should just work. Do you have customized your build process ? Do you
>> use the proper EXE file (debug vs release) in case you don't launch from
>> VS ? Do you use the proper option on the various file (copy to the output
>> directory) ? Precompiled header issue ? Does it produce this effect
>> regardless of which source file you have changed ? have you tried to
>> rebuild all and restart from there ?
>>
>> A tool such as filemon from sysinternals could allow to check the file
>> activity and see where it fails or just check the archive (possibly on
>> google) to see if you find out the previous response you got...
>>
>> I never had this problem myself...
>>
>> --
>> Patrice
>>

>> "Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
>> discussion : (E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Thanks a lot Patrice
>>> Your are right, but there is special procedure to solve this problem.
>>> May be something has to be done to synchronize the binary and the others
>>> files
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thanks
>>> Allen
>>> "Patrice" <http://scribe-en.blogspot.com/> wrote in message
>>> news:O87VIbV%(E-Mail Removed)...

Allen,

I remember that I had that problem many times on VS 2003. I have not
used it for years but is there a Clean menu item in the Project menu? If so
that is what I had to use to get past the problem.

Hope this helps
LS

Allen

Hi LS,
appreciate you answer,but

You said "is there a Clean menu item in the Project menu? "
I do not understand what you mean.

Please give more details

--
Thanks
Allen
"Lloyd Sheen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Om2onG4%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> HI Patrice,
>> I appreciate your efforts. There is some where we have to go and do some
>> setting. I went through this before.
>>
>> --
>> Thanks
>> Allen
>> "Patrice" <http://scribe-en.blogspot.com/> wrote in message
>> news:%23yIWb7w%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> It should just work. Do you have customized your build process ? Do you
>>> use the proper EXE file (debug vs release) in case you don't launch from
>>> VS ? Do you use the proper option on the various file (copy to the
>>> output directory) ? Precompiled header issue ? Does it produce this
>>> effect regardless of which source file you have changed ? have you tried
>>> to rebuild all and restart from there ?
>>>
>>> A tool such as filemon from sysinternals could allow to check the file
>>> activity and see where it fails or just check the archive (possibly on
>>> google) to see if you find out the previous response you got...
>>>
>>> I never had this problem myself...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Patrice
>>>

>>> "Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
>>> discussion : (E-Mail Removed)...

> Allen,
>
> I remember that I had that problem many times on VS 2003. I have not
> used it for years but is there a Clean menu item in the Project menu? If
> so that is what I had to use to get past the problem.
>
> Hope this helps
> LS

Lloyd Sheen

"Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi LS,
> appreciate you answer,but
>
> You said "is there a Clean menu item in the Project menu? "
> I do not understand what you mean.
>
> Please give more details
>
> --
> Thanks
> Allen
> "Lloyd Sheen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Om2onG4%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> HI Patrice,
>>> I appreciate your efforts. There is some where we have to go and do
>>> some setting. I went through this before.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thanks
>>> Allen
>>> "Patrice" <http://scribe-en.blogspot.com/> wrote in message
>>> news:%23yIWb7w%(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Allen,
>>
>> I remember that I had that problem many times on VS 2003. I have not
>> used it for years but is there a Clean menu item in the Project menu? If
>> so that is what I had to use to get past the problem.
>>
>> Hope this helps
>> LS

I had problems with asp.net in VS 2003 leaving lots of "garbage" although it
never said what exactly it was. There is a method to "clean" out the files
created in previous builds. I don't have VS 2003 installed and haven't used
it for years but I remember one service pack added the command to clean the
project getting rid of those files and fixing the problem which seems to
have the source and the execution not in sync.

LS

Allen

Thank you Lloyd,

I have "clean" on the main menu, but it will not do any good. I notice
something else. When building the program and if there is an error, the
pointer on the left margin will point to the wrong line of code.

--
Thanks
Allen
news:e4KqbM%23%(E-Mail Removed)...