Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless on XP Home SP2

wireless on XP Home SP2

=?Utf-8?B?U2VyZ2lv?=

Trying to connect 2 PC on wireless. One PC does not want to see workgroup
computers. All adapters and access point work fine.

Please help

Jack \(MVP\)

Hi
Seeing signal in the Wireless configuration application or reading somewhere in the
system that you are connected does not mean that you actually have a functional Wireless
Network.
A simple way to ascertain that you have a connection is to try to use the Internet
Browser in a Wireless Client computer and find out if you can connect to the Router's
(Access Point) Menus (see your hardware manual for the Router's IP Address, the login
name and the password).
If you can not connect to the Router this might help.
Once the Wireless is actually connect and yet you can Not see the Network's Resources,
then your problem is a Network's Sharing problem, and has nothing to do with the
Wireless.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...