Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > FPGA / CPLD Group on LinkedIn -- Networking Group

FPGA / CPLD Group on LinkedIn -- Networking Group

rickman

On Jul 4, 11:02*pm, "MM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "rickman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>

> > For example, I can't find a way to reach a human at Twitter

> Why on earth a grown man would want to use Twitter?
>
> /Mikhail

I'm not trying to *use* it, I want them to stop sending me junk
email! Didn't you read the post?

Rick

Nico Coesel

steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 23:08:16 +0800, rickman wrote
>(in article
><(E-Mail Removed)>):
>
>> On Jun 28, 10:52=A0am, "(E-Mail Removed)"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> could you describe the last technical FPGA related question
>>> that your linkedin networking group solved?
>>>
>>> unless you are able todo that, i see you repeated postings
>>> to c.a.f. as complete spam
>>>
>>> Antti

>> Hi, I am one of the moderators at this group and I must be honest
>> about it. It is not a very technically oriented group. I have tried
>> to make some technically oriented posts there with few responses.
>> out would be a mistake.
>>
>> So I have given up on this group as well as other FPGA related groups
>> at LinkedIn. I have not removed myself from membership, but I can't
>> say I recommend them unless you wish to use it for employment or self
>> promotion.
>>
>> Rick

> I'm completely confused as to how you can have a FPGA group that is not
>"technically orientated" , it would be like having a flower arranging class
>without the flowers.

LinkedIn is not about solving problems. It is about hiring the right
people to solve problems. To get back to your example: you could find
someone thru LinkedIn that can arrange the flowers for you.

"If it doesn't fit, use a bigger hammer!"

steve

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 16:23:01 +0800, Nico Coesel wrote
(in article <(E-Mail Removed)>):

> steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 23:08:16 +0800, rickman wrote
>> (in article
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>):

>>> Hi, I am one of the moderators at this group and I must be honest
>>> about it. It is not a very technically oriented group. I have tried
>>> to make some technically oriented posts there with few responses.
>>> out would be a mistake.
>>>
>>> So I have given up on this group as well as other FPGA related groups
>>> at LinkedIn. I have not removed myself from membership, but I can't
>>> say I recommend them unless you wish to use it for employment or self
>>> promotion.
>>>
>>> Rick

>> I'm completely confused as to how you can have a FPGA group that is not
>> "technically orientated" , it would be like having a flower arranging class
>> without the flowers.

> LinkedIn is not about solving problems. It is about hiring the right
> people to solve problems. To get back to your example: you could find
> someone thru LinkedIn that can arrange the flowers for you.

we are not talking about "linkedin" ,we are talking about a technical group
within the "LI" network.
If you cannot keep up, there is Lego and crayons over in the play area.

rickman

On Jul 6, 9:12*am, Jonathan Bromley <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 21:02:42 +0800, steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >we are not talking about "linkedin" *,we are talking about a technical group
> >within the *"LI" network.
> >If you cannot keep up, there *is Lego and crayons over in the play area.

> Ah, the New Media Priesthood. *Their mantra: If you
> Don't Get It, we will patronize you to death.
>
> Me, I definitely Don't Get It, and I really don't
> care all that much, and I've been patronized in
> the past by people I respect a lot more than the
> Noo Meeja Vangelists, so I don't feel too worried.
>
> Is there a LinkedIn group for elderly curmudgeons?
> I'm in there...
> --
> Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

I haven't found one, but you can start it! I'll probably join as
well. What is it about getting old anyway???

Rick