Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Debug and Release mode

Debug and Release mode

Do

Hi:

Is there somewhere in any config file where debug or release mode get
set when I change the mode before rebuilding in VS.net?

Thanks,

Do

Shan

You can go to Build-->Configuration Manager and change the
options..

Thanks,
-Shan

Hermit Dave

<configuration>

<system.web>

<!-- DYNAMIC DEBUG COMPILATION

Set compilation debug="true" to enable ASPX debugging. Otherwise, setting
this value to

false will improve runtime performance of this application.

Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging symbols (.pdb information)

into the compiled page. Because this creates a larger file that executes

more slowly, you should set this value to true only when debugging and to

false at all other times. For more information, refer to the documentation
about

debugging ASP.NET files.

-->

<compilation

defaultLanguage="c#"

debug="true"

/>

Dont know whether it compliments the VS.NET's Build >> Configuration Manager

Regards,

HD

"Shan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1524b01c3c411$8603ccf0$(E-Mail Removed)...

> You can go to Build-->Configuration Manager and change the
> options..
>
> Thanks,
> -Shan

Hermit Dave

Thats in web.config file

HD

"Hermit Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> <configuration>
>
> <system.web>
>
> <!-- DYNAMIC DEBUG COMPILATION
>
> Set compilation debug="true" to enable ASPX debugging. Otherwise, setting
> this value to
>
> false will improve runtime performance of this application.
>
> Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging symbols (.pdb

information)

> into the compiled page. Because this creates a larger file that executes
>
> more slowly, you should set this value to true only when debugging and to
>
> false at all other times. For more information, refer to the documentation
> about
>
> debugging ASP.NET files.
>
> -->
>
> <compilation
>
> defaultLanguage="c#"
>
> debug="true"
>
> />
>
> Dont know whether it compliments the VS.NET's Build >> Configuration

Manager

> Regards,
>
> HD
>
> "Shan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1524b01c3c411$8603ccf0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > You can go to Build-->Configuration Manager and change the
> > options..
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Shan

Rick Strahl [MVP]

No you need to manually check this.

Debug mode in web.config deals with compilation of the ASPX pages themselves
as opposed to the source files you create. It's for the runtime JIT
compilation that occurs when a page is loaded for the first time.

For deployment you definitely want to turn this option to false in
web.config.

+++ Rick ---

--

Rick Strahl
West Wind Technologies

"Do" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
>
> Is there somewhere in any config file where debug or release mode get
> set when I change the mode before rebuilding in VS.net?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Do

Do

Hi,

That's exactly what I'm getting at. What value does that Configuration
Manager setting change?
Is there a value somewhere in the web.config file that specifies whether the
app is in debug or
release?

Or is this something that cannot be accessed?

Thanks,

Do