Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Seamonkey SLOW as molasses message loading

Seamonkey SLOW as molasses message loading

zvn[]teq[7]

anyone else experiencing this? I would love to use SM's all in one
suite, but MAN going from message to message in newsgroups is so ****ing
slow, is there some setting that I have going on that's causing this?
I posted a similar gripe to the Mozilla Seamonkey group but no one's
replied, my guess is their head is so far up their ass thinking "NOTHING
could be wrong with Seamonkey! it's absolutely perfect! what could be
wrong!?"

But seriously... could anyone one help me speed up the Mail/NG client?
the browser I LOVE it's fast and light light light on resources but that
mail...ugh

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

zvn[]teq[7] wrote:

> my guess is their head is so far up their ass thinking "NOTHING
> could be wrong with Seamonkey!

Heh, that'll get you a lot of points!

My wife uses SeaMonkey (with Ubuntu) and it is as fast as could be
expected. I can't think of any kind of settings to the program itself
that could be a problem - other than you have an NNTP setting wrong.

I see you're posting with Thunderbird, which is nearly identical.

--
-bts

zvn[]teq[7]

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> zvn[]teq[7] wrote:
>
>> my guess is their head is so far up their ass thinking "NOTHING
>> could be wrong with Seamonkey!

> Heh, that'll get you a lot of points!
>
> My wife uses SeaMonkey (with Ubuntu) and it is as fast as could be
> expected. I can't think of any kind of settings to the program itself
> that could be a problem - other than you have an NNTP setting wrong.
>
> I see you're posting with Thunderbird, which is nearly identical.

Yes TB is fast as lightening, but I like the combo thing with everything
in one (SM) but alas... it's a failure on my PC (the Mail Client) oh
well, maybe I need to give my C: Drive a hicolonic

zvnteq7

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> zvn[]teq[7] wrote:
>
>> my guess is their head is so far up their ass thinking "NOTHING
>> could be wrong with Seamonkey!

> Heh, that'll get you a lot of points!
>
> My wife uses SeaMonkey (with Ubuntu) and it is as fast as could be
> expected. I can't think of any kind of settings to the program itself
> that could be a problem - other than you have an NNTP setting wrong.
>
> I see you're posting with Thunderbird, which is nearly identical.

Well NNTP settings are correct... I'm able to post

but still, it's too slow , SM didn't use to do this before, argh it's
the Illuminati! (har)

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

zvnteq7 wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> My wife uses SeaMonkey (with Ubuntu) and it is as fast as could be
>> expected. I can't think of any kind of settings to the program
>> itself that could be a problem - other than you have an NNTP setting
>> wrong.
>>
>> I see you're posting with Thunderbird, which is nearly identical.

> Well NNTP settings are correct... I'm able to post

So it seems.

> but still, it's too slow , SM didn't use to do this before, argh it's
> the Illuminati! (har)

Suggestion: unless you require the SM chat client or the composer, why
not use Thunderbird and Firefox instead? Should be the same number of
clickety-clicks to open the two apps. SM may be about to fall on the
'neglect' pile, too.

--
-bts

zvnteq7

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> zvnteq7 wrote:
>
>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>>> My wife uses SeaMonkey (with Ubuntu) and it is as fast as could be
>>> expected. I can't think of any kind of settings to the program
>>> itself that could be a problem - other than you have an NNTP setting
>>> wrong.
>>>
>>> I see you're posting with Thunderbird, which is nearly identical.

>> Well NNTP settings are correct... I'm able to post

> So it seems.
>
>> but still, it's too slow , SM didn't use to do this before, argh it's
>> the Illuminati! (har)

> Suggestion: unless you require the SM chat client or the composer, why
> not use Thunderbird and Firefox instead? Should be the same number of
> clickety-clicks to open the two apps. SM may be about to fall on the
> 'neglect' pile, too.

FF is out of the question (sooooo slow to load up), but K-Meleon/TB is a
good combo for me, however, after downloading the 2.oRC Alpha of SM,
this is ALOT faster in the email client... nice... I never really used
chatzilla, but I'm curious about it, does anyone even use IRC anymore?

chuckcar

"zvn[]teq[7]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:h25qos$pc9$(E-Mail Removed):

> anyone else experiencing this? I would love to use SM's all in one
> suite, but MAN going from message to message in newsgroups is so ****ing
> slow, is there some setting that I have going on that's causing this?
> I posted a similar gripe to the Mozilla Seamonkey group but no one's
> replied, my guess is their head is so far up their ass thinking "NOTHING
> could be wrong with Seamonkey! it's absolutely perfect! what could be
> wrong!?"
>
> But seriously... could anyone one help me speed up the Mail/NG client?
> the browser I LOVE it's fast and light light light on resources but that
> mail...ugh

Shut down everything else - esp. startup. If a program's slow something
else must be slowing down the computer right? Further your OS, memory and
processor would help - perhaps you're computer is underpowered.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

攸hw不f

chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
of<Xns9C384474A73CCchucknilcar@127.0.0.1>:

>"zvn[]teq[7]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:h25qos$pc9$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> anyone else experiencing this? I would love to use SM's all in one
>> suite, but MAN going from message to message in newsgroups is so

****ing
>> slow, is there some setting that I have going on that's causing

this?
>> I posted a similar gripe to the Mozilla Seamonkey group but no one's
>> replied, my guess is their head is so far up their ass thinking

"NOTHING
>> could be wrong with Seamonkey! it's absolutely perfect! what could

be
>> wrong!?"
>>
>> But seriously... could anyone one help me speed up the Mail/NG

client?
>> the browser I LOVE it's fast and light light light on resources but

that
>> mail...ugh

>Shut down everything else - esp. startup. If a program's slow

something
>else must be slowing down the computer right? Further your OS, memory

and
>processor would help - perhaps you're computer is underpowered.

Seamonkey is "slow" since its a much large r proggy. Its loading a web
browser *and* a mail/news client at once.
Its memory footprint is bigger than TB.

Kinda obvious,eh?

chuckcar

攸hw不f <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:h2815a$k40$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

> chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
> of<Xns9C384474A73CCchucknilcar@127.0.0.1>:
>
>>"zvn[]teq[7]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>news:h25qos$pc9$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> anyone else experiencing this? I would love to use SM's all in one
>>> suite, but MAN going from message to message in newsgroups is so

> ****ing
>>> slow, is there some setting that I have going on that's causing

> this?
>>> I posted a similar gripe to the Mozilla Seamonkey group but no one's
>>> replied, my guess is their head is so far up their ass thinking

> "NOTHING
>>> could be wrong with Seamonkey! it's absolutely perfect! what could

> be
>>> wrong!?"
>>>
>>> But seriously... could anyone one help me speed up the Mail/NG

> client?
>>> the browser I LOVE it's fast and light light light on resources but

> that
>>> mail...ugh

>>Shut down everything else - esp. startup. If a program's slow

> something
>>else must be slowing down the computer right? Further your OS, memory

> and
>>processor would help - perhaps you're computer is underpowered.
>>

> Seamonkey is "slow" since its a much large r proggy. Its loading a web
> browser *and* a mail/news client at once.
> Its memory footprint is bigger than TB.
>
> Kinda obvious,eh?

Not according with other people and not to that extent. "Obvious" is more
frequently wrong than anywhere near reality.

--

of<Xns9C38AF4491670chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>:

>攸hw不f <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:h2815a$k40$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:
>
>> chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
>> of<Xns9C384474A73CCchucknilcar@127.0.0.1>:
>>
>>>"zvn[]teq[7]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>>news:h25qos$pc9$(E-Mail Removed):

>> ****ing

>> this?

one's

>> "NOTHING

>> be

>> client?

but
>> that
>>>
>>>Shut down everything else - esp. startup. If a program's slow

>> something
>>>else must be slowing down the computer right? Further your OS,

memory
>> and
>>>processor would help - perhaps you're computer is underpowered.
>>>

>> Seamonkey is "slow" since its a much large r proggy. Its loading a

web
>> browser *and* a mail/news client at once.
>> Its memory footprint is bigger than TB.
>>
>> Kinda obvious,eh?
>>

>Not according with other people and not to that extent. "Obvious" is

more
>frequently wrong than anywhere near reality.

My experience: on a BeBox running both TB loads quicker and seems more
responsive, UNLESS....you set up Se4monkey to not load the browser
portion when it starts. Then its about the same, but its an ugly proggy
compared to TB.
Jus Sayin [tm]