Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Proud Performer

Proud Performer

Dudley Hanks

http://www.blind-apertures.ca/galler...?g2_itemId=130

For GDB supporters, the economic downturn has hurt everybody, including
charities. Guide Dogs for the Blind needs donations now more than ever.
Last year, the school paid out about $1.3 million in vet costs alone --
part of that was for Dima.

http://www.guidedogs.com

Also, if you would like to support my passion for art, remember you can
Paypal donations to: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

All donations very much appreciated.

Take Care, and Thanks,
Dudley

Paul Furman

Dudley Hanks wrote:
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/galler...?g2_itemId=130

No image at that link but if I choose the larger size, that is
available. Easier to see fit to screen:
http://www.blind-apertures.ca/galler...serialNumber=1
Nice pose and expression but out of focus or motion blur, under-lit
subject and distracting background. The exposure can be raised quite a
bit to get the subject properly exposed. I emailed you a photoshopped
version.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

PatM

On Jun 27, 12:49*pm, More-Reality <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> [...]

> their church may benefit from it and have a reason to exist. That's some
> really ****-poor faith if you have to perpetuate and exploit that much
> suffering so you can maybe one day believe in your chosen god. Dole out the
> gold contained in the Vatican to everyone and give them back their lands
> (which the churches originally stole) to grow food on, then there'd be no
> starvation to exploit. Ooops, then the church wouldn't have a reason to
> exist. Catch-22, they have to hoard all that wealth and land to give
> themselves a purpose for being. Got starving children in your area? Tear
> down that stupid soulless and useless church that you wasted all your time,
> money and energy in building. Instead use what supplies you can recycle
> from that ghastly spiritual-monstrosity to plant a community-owned field of
> food there. Much less effort with vastly greater benefit for many
> generations to come. What's that? You're too busy praying for food and
> asking for hand-outs? Starve sucker. Death by Darwinism is too good for
> you.
>
> But I digress, with a real solution instead of some psychotic
> daddy-in-the-sky nonsense. One of those greedy self-serving and disgusting
> christian "Save the Children" exploitations was on TV and it got me
> distracted. Let's get back to the problem at hand.
>
> Sure, I could donate to the Guide-Dogs program, but then what would that
> teach you? How to leach off of society your whole life? Oh wait, you've
> already learned that, as I see by your next statement.
>

> >Also, if you would like to support my passion for art, remember you can
> >Paypal donations to: *(E-Mail Removed)

> >All donations very much appreciated.

> I'm sure they would be appreciated very much. I'm going to start up a
> passion for hangnails and get donations started for that too. The unsung
> suffering of society--Hangnails. Do you know how many tasks have been
> prevented by hangnails? How many accidents have been caused by distracting
> and painful hangnails? Donate now! We will find a way to wipe-out this
> scourge of modern society. All donations very much appreciated. Donate
> before you get your next hangnail. Each donor will receive a small packet
> of Palmolive Dishwashing Liquid so that you may soak your cuticles in a
> dilute solution of it. This temporary cure found by "Mother Madge", the
> Hangnail Saint. She didn't just exploit those with hangnails, she stopped
> hangnails in their tracks. We may not be able to prevent all hangnails yet,
> that's what your donations are for. But we can damned sure try to ease the
> suffering of those that still get them. DONATE NOW! So I too can live off
> of your donations until I am confronted with pleas of "Hey? What happened
> to my donations?" Then you get the usual reply about advertising costs,
> supplies, assistant's paychecks, overhead, start-up fees, private jets to
> cut down on transportation costs ... you know. Lots of money is ...

I don't know what set you off, dude, but take a pill. A regular
poster solicited for a charity in a not-too-obnoxious way. It's
okay. If you don't like it, ignore it. But your reaction was a bit
overboard.

John McWilliams

PatM wrote:
> On Jun 27, 12:49 pm, More-Reality <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> I don't know what set you off, dude, but take a pill. A regular
> poster solicited for a charity in a not-too-obnoxious way. It's
> okay. If you don't like it, ignore it. But your reaction was a bit
> overboard.

Paul Furman

PatM wrote:
> More-Reality wrote:
>> <the usual crap>

> I don't know what set you off, dude, but take a pill. A regular
> poster solicited for a charity in a not-too-obnoxious way. It's
> okay. If you don't like it, ignore it. But your reaction was a bit
> overboard.

He's always like that.
Changes names but easily recognized.

Dudley Hanks

"Oh Look! I Found Another MORON" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 19:34:37 -0700 (PDT), PatM
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I don't know what set you off, dude, but take a pill. A regular
>>poster solicited for a charity in a not-too-obnoxious way. It's
>>okay. If you don't like it, ignore it. But your reaction was a bit
>>overboard.

> Do not misconstrue your overreaction in trying to defend some lame-assed
> begging spammer who can't even take a decent photo to save his life vs.
> someone who types 130wpm and was having a good ol' time making the useless
> beggar oh-so obvious to all; as their "being set off", "needing a pill",
> or
> going "overboard". If you have a difficult time understanding words more
> than two syllables long or reading more complex sentence structures of
> length, then don't.
>
> Here, try this:
>
> Jane met Sally. See Spot chase the red ball.
>
> Better for you?
>
> Shove it up your beggar boyfriend's blind talentless ass.

Writing complex sentences is somewhat easier than taking blind shots, but
both can be done with a bit of class -- by some people. However, not
everybody has the mental processing capacity to pull it off; others can do
it with only a slight drain on the grey cpu between their ears.

It's usually fairly easy to spot who's who, so I won't bother catagorizing
your posts.

Take Care,
Dudley

Dudley Hanks

About as tasteless as it gets...

"PatM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]

> Hangnail Saint. She didn't just exploit those with hangnails, she stopped
> hangnails in their tracks. We may not be able to prevent all hangnails
> yet,
> that's what your donations are for. But we can damned sure try to ease the
> suffering of those that still get them. DONATE NOW! So I too can live off
> of your donations until I am confronted with pleas of "Hey? What happened
> to my donations?" Then you get the usual reply about advertising costs,
> supplies, assistant's paychecks, overhead, start-up fees, private jets to
> cut down on transportation costs ... you know. Lots of money is ...
>
> read more

I don't know what set you off, dude, but take a pill. A regular
poster solicited for a charity in a not-too-obnoxious way. It's
okay. If you don't like it, ignore it. But your reaction was a bit

"Paul Furman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h25iqe$bft$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> Dudley Hanks wrote:
>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/galler...?g2_itemId=130

> No image at that link but if I choose the larger size, that is available.
> Easier to see fit to screen:
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/galler...serialNumber=1
> Nice pose and expression but out of focus or motion blur, under-lit
> subject and distracting background. The exposure can be raised quite a bit
> to get the subject properly exposed. I emailed you a photoshopped version.
>

>> For GDB supporters, the economic downturn has hurt everybody, including
>> charities. Guide Dogs for the Blind needs donations now more than ever.
>> Last year, the school paid out about $1.3 million in vet costs alone --
>> part of that was for Dima.
>>
>> http://www.guidedogs.com
>>
>> Also, if you would like to support my passion for art, remember you can
>> Paypal donations to: (E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> All donations very much appreciated.
>>
>> Take Care, and Thanks,
>> Dudley
>>

> --
> Paul Furman
> www.edgehill.net
> www.baynatives.com
>
> all google groups messages filtered due to spam

Thanks, Paul, it was probably the old limited DOF out of focus problem
raising it's ugly head again. I was using my 50mm 1.8 lens (80mm 35 mm
equiv) because I was working with available light and didn't want the flash
to even things out too much.

The hall the performance was in was quite bland, not offering much
atmosphere, so I wanted to let the pose and expression carry the shot. Just
about got it, but not quite.

Thanks for the feedback.

Take Care,
Dudley

Robert Coe

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 23:29:55 -0500, Oh Look! I Found Another MORON
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 19:34:37 -0700 (PDT), PatM
: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
: >
[...]

I know it's un-Christian (and un-Jewish and un-Muslim, etc.) to say this, but
I'm getting dangerously close to hoping you'll wake up in the hospital some
fine day and find yourself burdened with a life-altering disability. Then
after you've had some time to get acclimated to your electric wheelchair, or
your guide dog, or your service monkey, you can write in and tell us what, if
anything, you've learned from the experience. I'll be particularly interested
in seeing whether your flair for colorful terminology remains intact.

Bob

Bob Larter

Man, you're so full off ****.