Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter

Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter

Patrick Whittle

Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal, that
plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.

Daddy

You couldn't find any more newsgroups to cross-post to?

Daddy

"Patrick Whittle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal,
> that plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.

Raymond Shaw

"Patrick Whittle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal, that
>plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.

It plugs into the computer's PCI bus? Maybe that's why it's called a
PCI Adapter... ya think?

Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer]

"Patrick Whittle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal,
> that plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.

No, I have not, but it's just a wireless adapter, and all adapters are
pretty similar in functionality.

Do you have a question regarding a problem or how to use it?

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup/forum to benefit from collaboration among
responding engineers, as well as to help others benefit from your
resolution.

Ace Fekay, MCSE 2003 & 2000, MCSA 2003 & 2000, MCSA Messaging, MCT
Microsoft Certified Trainer
http://twitter.com/acefekay

For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please

Natéag

I have it, and it is great.
But other brands probably would work just as well.

"Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer]" <(E-Mail Removed)> a
écrit dans le message de news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Patrick Whittle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal,
>> that plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.
>>

> No, I have not, but it's just a wireless adapter, and all adapters are
> pretty similar in functionality.
>
> Do you have a question regarding a problem or how to use it?
>
> --
> Ace
>
> This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and
> confers no rights.
>
> Please reply back to the newsgroup/forum to benefit from collaboration
> among responding engineers, as well as to help others benefit from your
> resolution.
>
> Ace Fekay, MCSE 2003 & 2000, MCSA 2003 & 2000, MCSA Messaging, MCT
> Microsoft Certified Trainer
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://twitter.com/acefekay
>
> For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please
> check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer]

"Natéag" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have it, and it is great.
> But other brands probably would work just as well.

Good to hear. Hopefully your feedback will help others when making a
decision on which brand and model to choose.

Ace

Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer]

"Natéag" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have it, and it is great.
> But other brands probably would work just as well.

Natéag,

I meant to add that I hope it also helps the original poster, but then
again, based on his post, I'm not sure if he had a problem or not with the
NIC.

Cheers!

Ace

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
Wireless is about signal propagation.
Place the system so that it is High and away from the wall so it would not
be stifled between the Case and the Wall.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Patrick Whittle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal,
> that plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.

Natéag

As I wrote it works flawlessly. That may be due to the antenna,
which is lets say, gigantic.

"Jack [MVP-Networking]" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message
de news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Wireless is about signal propagation.
> Place the system so that it is High and away from the wall so it would not
> be stifled between the Case and the Wall.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
>
> "Patrick Whittle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal,
>> that plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.

Patrick Whittle

I ended up buying an external D-Link Xtreme N Dual Band gigbit router. I
know enough about 802.11n from previous, but do you know streaming...
High-Definition, and other media? ... the 5GHz band.

http://support.dlink.ca/products/vie...ctid=DIR%2D825