Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Tips to keep your PC from crashing

Tips to keep your PC from crashing

Kevin

Simple basic things you can do:
1. Install Anti-virus Software
2. Keep your Fan Clean from Dust
3. Keep your PC well ventilated
4. Provide surge protection and/or back-up
5. Running Multiple Programs and Applications
Source: http://bit.ly/l9dOc

Martin

Randy Yates wrote:
> Kevin <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> Simple basic things you can do:
>> 1. Install Anti-virus Software
>> 2. Keep your Fan Clean from Dust
>> 3. Keep your PC well ventilated
>> 4. Provide surge protection and/or back-up
>> 5. Running Multiple Programs and Applications
>> Source: http://bit.ly/l9dOc

> This is absolutely brilliant. "Keep your Fan Clean from Dust"???
>
> I also like "Running Multiple Programs and Applications", which isn't
> even a complete sentence.

Also, how does providing a backup stop your PC crashing? Which also
means another app running

westom

On Jun 27, 5:48*pm, Tim Jackson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Make sure it uses an Anti-virus Soft tissue when it sneezes.

Everybody knows rule #1 to keep a PC from crashing. Do not drop it.

Robert

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 07:39:02 -0700, westom wrote:

> On Jun 27, 5:48*pm, Tim Jackson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Make sure it uses an Anti-virus Soft tissue when it sneezes.

> Everybody knows rule #1 to keep a PC from crashing. Do not drop it.

No that is #2 The #1 thing is don't use windows.

--

Regards
Robert

Linux User #296285
http://counter.li.org

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ere says...

> On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 07:39:02 -0700, westom wrote:
>
> > On Jun 27, 5:48*pm, Tim Jackson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Make sure it uses an Anti-virus Soft tissue when it sneezes.

> > Everybody knows rule #1 to keep a PC from crashing. Do not drop it.

> No that is #2 The #1 thing is don't use windows.

All of my Windows XP/Vista machines as well as my 2003/2008 servers are
as stable or more than my Fedora / Ubuntu machines.

Anyone can build and operate a stable platform if they understand the
system.

Trust yourself.
(E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 for proper email address)