Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > BCH(256,16,113) code

Reply
Thread Tools

BCH(256,16,113) code

 
 
Niv (KP)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-26-2009
I'm looking at a paper owhich talks about BCH(256,16,113) code. I
think it is some form of CRC, but acn't find any details on how to
implement in VHDL. If it is just a CRC variant, I'd like to know what
the appropriate taps are.

Anyone done this already?

Regards, Kev P.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
HT-Lab
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-26-2009

"Niv (KP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looking at a paper owhich talks about BCH(256,16,113) code. I
> think it is some form of CRC, but acn't find any details on how to
> implement in VHDL. If it is just a CRC variant, I'd like to know what
> the appropriate taps are.
>
> Anyone done this already?
>
> Regards, Kev P.


It is far more complex than your ordinary CRC,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCH_code

Galois Fields mathematics is a good place to start

Hans
www.ht-lab.com



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Niv (KP)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-26-2009
On 26 June, 10:16, "HT-Lab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Niv (KP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > I'm looking at a paper owhich talks about BCH(256,16,113) code. *I
> > think it is some form of CRC, but acn't find any details on how to
> > implement in VHDL. *If it is just a CRC variant, I'd like to know what
> > the appropriate taps are.

>
> > Anyone done this already?

>
> > Regards, Kev P.

>
> It is far more complex than your ordinary CRC,
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCH_code
>
> Galois Fields mathematics is a good place to start
>
> Hanswww.ht-lab.com


Yes, I've tried, but it's fairly heavy going, mostly above my head;
haven't done any serious math since uni, and that was long, long ago,
in a galaxy......!!

KP.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Symon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-29-2009
Niv (KP) wrote:
>
> Yes, I've tried, but it's fairly heavy going, mostly above my head;
> haven't done any serious math since uni, and that was long, long ago,
> in a galaxy......!!
>
> KP.


To remind yourself about GF arithmetic, have a read of a textbook or two,
maybe Lin and Costello would be a good place to start. Also, xapp371 might
give you some insight.
HTH, Syms.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what is the difference between code inside a <script> tag and code in the code-behind file? keithb ASP .Net 1 03-29-2006 01:00 AM
Fire Code behind code AND Javascript code associated to a Button Click Event =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG8gTWFyY2hlc29uaQ==?= ASP .Net 4 02-11-2004 07:31 AM
Re: Code Behind vs. no code behind: error Ben Miller [msft] ASP .Net 1 06-28-2003 01:46 AM
Re: C# Equivalent of VB.Net Code -- One line of code, simple Ian ASP .Net 0 06-25-2003 01:14 PM
Re: C# Equivalent of VB.Net Code -- One line of code, simple Ron ASP .Net 1 06-24-2003 07:18 PM



Advertisments