Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Copying files .........

Copying files .........

ALPO

Is there an easy way to copy only selected files from one
psolution to another? Such as , I have an aspx and code
behind files on my local machine and I want to copy them
to a solution on a web server.......

Jim Hughes

One method is to use an xcopy command with an exclude file
rem Deploy.cmd
xcopy D:\inetpub\wwwroot\*.* \\WEBSERVER\WWWRoot$\ /A /D /S
/EXCLUDE:\inetpub\wwwroot\exclude.txt

exclude.txt contains:
..vb
..pdb
..vbproj
appsettings.config
exclude.txt
deploy.cmd

see xcopy /? for help on the switches used.

"ALPO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:00bb01c3c3ec$d3aeeae0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there an easy way to copy only selected files from one
> psolution to another? Such as , I have an aspx and code
> behind files on my local machine and I want to copy them
> to a solution on a web server.......

Copying files to Vista Program Files in ruby script Shawn Mcclain Ruby 0 09-28-2007 09:21 PM
XCOPY is not copying ascx files while it copies .dll files c.verma@gmail.com ASP .Net 0 01-14-2005 07:29 PM
copying multiple files yaduraj Perl 1 08-09-2004 06:06 PM
Copying files in the root with Copy Project John Lundrigan ASP .Net 0 05-20-2004 04:47 PM
moving and copying encrypted files Paul L MCSE 8 11-04-2003 03:21 AM

Advertisments