Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > unsubscribe

unsubscribe

Patrick Baker

unsubscribe

Jack Spratt

"Patrick Baker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> unsubscribe

noob

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Jack Spratt wrote:
> "Patrick Baker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> unsubscribe

> noob

Don't you mean Googletard? <g>

I read somewher that over 30% of all posts to usenet are now from
GoogleGroups. As they don't do binaries that's a significant slice IMO...
--
Shaun.

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll
be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchet, 'Jingo'.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <2bbc1c4d-55d2-4999-
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)>, Patrick Baker wrote:

> unsubscribe

I know how you feel.

fred

geoff wrote:

> It's easy, just go to root and type fdisk /dev/hd1
>
> geoff

fail.

Stephen Worthington

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:41:05 +1200, "geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> In message <2bbc1c4d-55d2-4999-
>> (E-Mail Removed)>, Patrick Baker wrote:
>>
>>> unsubscribe

>> I know how you feel.

>Well just do it then.
>
>It's easy, just go to root and type fdisk /dev/hd1
>
>geoff

You are a bit behind the times there. That should be:

fdisk /dev/sda

Gordon

On 2009-06-25, ~misfit~ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Jack Spratt wrote:
>> "Patrick Baker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> unsubscribe

>> noob

> Don't you mean Googletard? <g>
>
> I read somewher that over 30% of all posts to usenet are now from
> GoogleGroups. As they don't do binaries that's a significant slice IMO...

Look, who cares where the Usenet postings come from. For Usenet has some
great stuff without going binary. It needs to be encouraged.

victor

Gordon wrote:
> On 2009-06-25, ~misfit~ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Jack Spratt wrote:
>>> "Patrick Baker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> noob

>> Don't you mean Googletard? <g>
>>
>> I read somewher that over 30% of all posts to usenet are now from
>> GoogleGroups. As they don't do binaries that's a significant slice IMO...

> Look, who cares where the Usenet postings come from. For Usenet has some
> great stuff without going binary. It needs to be encouraged.

I'm skeptical.
Maybe 30% by number of posts, but not by volume.
Most torrents are also on usenet.

Peter Huebner

In article <h20rrh$quk$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Jack Spratt wrote:
> > "Patrick Baker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> unsubscribe

> > noob

> Don't you mean Googletard? <g>
>
> I read somewher that over 30% of all posts to usenet are now from
> GoogleGroups. As they don't do binaries that's a significant slice IMO...

It's rather significant in many ways. There are lots of people I know
for instance who run filters that will dump anything posted from google
groups, because that's where a lot of spam comes from. The spam is not a
problem for me, 'cause individual.net does such a great job filtering it
out ... but if it was, I might also divert google originated posts
straight to the bit bucket. Not to mention the fact that most of the US
wingnuts and their ilk are posting to usenet (quite unwittingly) from
google.
Have a look at the crap in misc.rural some times if you want to
repeatedly slap your forhead in bewilderment and disbelief. 90% of my
bozo bin inmates stem from there ... some of them almost make
'redbaiter' look like a sane and reasonable human bean.

My biggest bugbear with google is though, that they've totally nerfed
the usenet search engine. The newsgroups advanced search used to be
fantastic, and now it's utter crap. Just can't be relied on any more,
and that's one great internet resource gone to pot, because the usenet
archives are/were such an incredibe repository of useful information -
if you know how to use an advanced search engine, that is.

I wonder what the hell the jackass was on who got assigned the job to
replace it.

-P.

Matty F

On Jun 27, 1:24 pm, Peter Huebner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> My biggest bugbear with google is though, that they've totally nerfed
> the usenet search engine. The newsgroups advanced search used to be
> fantastic, and now it's utter crap. Just can't be relied on any more,
> and that's one great internet resource gone to pot, because the usenet
> archives are/were such an incredibe repository of useful information -
> if you know how to use an advanced search engine, that is.
>
> I wonder what the hell the jackass was on who got assigned the job to
> replace it.

I don't suppose you'll see this, but I agree something has gone wrong
with the Usenet search. I am unable to find posts that I know were
posted a week or two ago.

Bugzilla unsubscribe??? Stubby Firefox 1 12-07-2005 01:32 AM
unsubscribe from a buzilla thread? Stubby Firefox 2 09-30-2005 01:31 PM
Question about building an intelligent subscribe/unsubscribe newsl =?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?= ASP .Net 2 03-08-2005 05:49 PM
Please unsubscribe me Dolly Computer Support 3 02-07-2004 05:14 AM
Unsubscribe to Microsoft Shane Computer Support 34 10-08-2003 09:52 PM

Advertisments