Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > wd harddrive pcb

wd harddrive pcb

gamx

ive bought an ide western digital hard drive and the underside has an
exposed pcb.

this may be a really silly question, but should this pcb be protected from
making contact with metal, its just that the device im gonna be mounting it
in will be placed directly onto a metal bay that will contact the bottom
side of the pcb.

chuckcar

"gamx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:8gH0m.48851$(E-Mail Removed)2:

> ive bought an ide western digital hard drive and the underside has an
> exposed pcb.
>
> this may be a really silly question, but should this pcb be protected
> from making contact with metal, its just that the device im gonna be
> mounting it in will be placed directly onto a metal bay that will
> contact the bottom side of the pcb.

Hard drives have been that way for decades. Just make sure that it's
properly screwed into a bay with at *least* four screws.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )