Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: Graphic GUI C

Re: Graphic GUI C

jacob navia

Z.zen wrote:
> it's possible with C language, use of graphics libraries
> for creating graphical interfaces?
>
> Thank you
>
> Regards

Yes, for the details for the windows system read
Petzold's book. It is very easy to read, and starts
at the beginning

--
jacob navia
jacob at jacob point remcomp point fr

Fred

On Jun 24, 2:47*pm, jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Z.zen wrote:
> > it's possible with C language, use of *graphics libraries
> > for creating graphical interfaces?

> > Thank you

> > Regards

> Yes, for the details for the windows system read
> Petzold's book. It is very easy to read, and starts
> at the beginning

And for Unix, Linux, or Windows with Cygwin, you can
use the X, Xt, and Motif libraries.

--
Fred Kleinschmidt

Keith Thompson

jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Z.zen wrote:
>> it's possible with C language, use of graphics libraries
>> for creating graphical interfaces?

> Yes, for the details for the windows system read
> Petzold's book. It is very easy to read, and starts
> at the beginning

But be aware that what you learn will be largely inapplicable to
non-Windows systems.

Nokia

Kenny McCormack

In article <4a429eec$0$17768$(E-Mail Removed)>,
jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Z.zen wrote:
>> it's possible with C language, use of graphics libraries
>> for creating graphical interfaces?
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Regards
>>

>Yes, for the details for the windows system read
>Petzold's book. It is very easy to read, and starts
>at the beginning

Incidentally, on the subject of choice of compiler (*), I guess what it
boils down to is that if you are going to do Windows programming in a C
or C-like language (for you language purists out there), you might as
well get and use VC Express and/or C#, both of which are free from the
great evil empire. Although it is possible to do it with Unix-like free
tools (mingw and/or Cygwin), doing so is basically just asking for pain.

(*) I guess this was actually in another thread, but really, they're all
the same. Anything that mentions the "W" word gets the usual treatment
from the regs (off topic, blah, blah, blah), so it really doesn't
matter.

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> Z.zen wrote:
>>> it's possible with C language, use of graphics libraries
>>> for creating graphical interfaces?

>> Yes, for the details for the windows system read
>> Petzold's book. It is very easy to read, and starts
>> at the beginning

>But be aware that what you learn will be largely inapplicable to
>non-Windows systems.

Yes, much as what you learn about life on planet Earth will be largely
inapplicable when you take up residence on some other planet.

Chris M. Thomasson

"Kenny McCormack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h1u96l$e88$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>>
>>> Yes, for the details for the windows system read
>>> Petzold's book. It is very easy to read, and starts
>>> at the beginning

>>But be aware that what you learn will be largely inapplicable to
>>non-Windows systems.

> Yes, much as what you learn about life on planet Earth will be largely
> inapplicable when you take up residence on some other planet.

What planet do you live on?

Chris M. Thomasson

"Kenny McCormack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h1u93u$e88$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <4a429eec$0$17768$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Z.zen wrote:
>>> it's possible with C language, use of graphics libraries
>>> for creating graphical interfaces?
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>

>>Yes, for the details for the windows system read
>>Petzold's book. It is very easy to read, and starts
>>at the beginning

> Incidentally, on the subject of choice of compiler (*), I guess what it
> boils down to is that if you are going to do Windows programming in a C
> or C-like language (for you language purists out there), you might as
> well get and use VC Express and/or C#, both of which are free from the
> great evil empire. Although it is possible to do it with Unix-like free
> tools (mingw and/or Cygwin), doing so is basically just asking for pain.

Patents aside for a moment, isn't basic CLI is a "standard"? Well, use Mono:

http://www.mono-project.com

It ports standard CLI to Linux, Mac, BSD, others on the way.

> (*) I guess this was actually in another thread, but really, they're all
> the same. Anything that mentions the "W" word gets the usual treatment
> from the regs (off topic, blah, blah, blah), so it really doesn't
> matter.

Kenny McCormack

In article <h1ur16$2na9$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Chris M. Thomasson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>But be aware that what you learn will be largely inapplicable to
>>>non-Windows systems.

>> Yes, much as what you learn about life on planet Earth will be largely
>> inapplicable when you take up residence on some other planet.

>What planet do you live on?

Just like you and everyone who posts to this newsgroup, I live on Earth.
And I seriously doubt anyone who posts to CLC will ever leave planet
Earth. So, knowledge that isn't applicable to live on planet Earth is
unlikely to be of any value. If you get my drift...

Chris M. Thomasson

news:h1v4kn$mug$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

http://www.ecma-international.org/pu...s/Ecma-335.htm

> Almost no one uses Mono. Its totally unproven.

http://www.mono-project.com/Companies_Using_Mono

Chris Dollin

Richard wrote:

> "Chris M. Thomasson" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:h1v4kn$mug$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

>>> What do you mean "it ports CLI to Linux" ? What do you mean by CLI here?

>> http://www.ecma-international.org/pu...s/Ecma-335.htm

> You are seriously referencing this to a new programmer who wants to try
> gui programming in C?

No, he's saying what he means by "CLI". Different question.

--
"You're down as expendable. You don't get a weapon." /Dark Lord of Derkholm/

registered no: 690597 England Berks RG12 1HN