Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > LinkButton fails in Firefox

LinkButton fails in Firefox

msnews.microsoft.com

I have an asp.net page that displays records in a GridView. One of the
templates has a LinkButton with a PostBackURL set to a table column with the
name of the aspx page to open. For example, the PostBackURL value can be
something like "Scheduler.aspx" which is in the same web folder as the page
I am calling it from. It works fine in IE but nothing happens when I click
the link in Firefox. My GridView is shown below. Any help is appreciated.

David

<asp:GridView ID="gvRenewalSchedules" runat="server"
AutoGenerateColumns="False"
CellPadding="4" DataKeyNames="ScheduleID"
DataSourceID="SqlRenewalSchedules"
ForeColor="#333333" GridLines="None" BorderStyle="Solid"
BorderWidth="2pt" BorderColor="Black">
<FooterStyle BackColor="#5D7B9D" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White"
/>
<RowStyle BackColor="LightBlue" ForeColor="#333333" />
<Columns>
<asp:TemplateField Visible="False">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:CheckBox ID="ckSchedule" runat="server" />
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateField>
<asp:BoundField DataField="ScheduleID" HeaderText="ScheduleID"
InsertVisible="False"
ReadOnly="True" SortExpression="ScheduleID" Visible="False"
/>
<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Schedule"
SortExpression="ScheduleName">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:LinkButton ID="LBtnScheduleName" runat="server"
Text='<%# Bind("ScheduleName") %>'
PostBackUrl='<%# Bind("WebPage")
%>'></asp:LinkButton>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateField>
<asp:BoundField DataField="ScheduleSequence"
HeaderText="ScheduleSequence" SortExpression="ScheduleSequence"
Visible="False" />
</Columns>
<PagerStyle BackColor="#284775" ForeColor="White"
HorizontalAlign="Center" />
<SelectedRowStyle BackColor="#E2DED6" Font-Bold="True"
ForeColor="#333333" />
<HeaderStyle BackColor="#5D7B9D" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White"
/>
<EditRowStyle BackColor="#999999" />
<AlternatingRowStyle BackColor="White" ForeColor="#284775" />
</asp:GridView>

Martin Honnen

msnews.microsoft.com wrote:
> I have an asp.net page that displays records in a GridView. One of the
> templates has a LinkButton with a PostBackURL set to a table column with the
> name of the aspx page to open. For example, the PostBackURL value can be
> something like "Scheduler.aspx" which is in the same web folder as the page
> I am calling it from. It works fine in IE but nothing happens when I click
> the link in Firefox. My GridView is shown below. Any help is appreciated.

Check Firefox's error console, does it show any (script) errors when you
click the link?

--

Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/