Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > router to router setup can it be done?

router to router setup can it be done?

Michael Bauer

I have a frend that lives 220 yards from me we would like to set him up to
connect to my resources. The question is would we be better off using my
wireless g broadband router at my end and a linksys wusb54g device at his
end or use Two wireless g broadband routers. there are trees between us and
2/3 of the year we cannot see each others home. also if I use the routers
will using firmware that allows me to boost the xmit power be of any help?
mike

Jack \(MVP\)

Hi
Two Routers can not talk one to the other unless they are WDS Routers (The Linksys as
is, is not WDS). http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html
220 yards needs directional Antennae and Clear line of sight.
You need to be able to install directional Antennae on the two devices, and place them
above the tree line.

More here.

Extending Distance: - http://www.ezlan.net/Distance.html

Wireless Bridging - http://www.ezlan.net/bridging