Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > cookies in a page

cookies in a page

Jan C. Faerber

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie#Implementation

I understand the way cookies are sent from the server to the browser
and back from the browser to the server
but I don't understand looking at this chart:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Set-Cookie: name=value

(content of page)

but I don't understand how you have to manipulate the html page or the
server to send the data of the cookie itself
and if it would be possible to send cookies aswell just by simply
clicking a button etc.or not.

Neredbojias

On 23 Jun 2009, "Jan C. Faerber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie#Implementation
>
> I understand the way cookies are sent from the server to the browser
> and back from the browser to the server
> but I don't understand looking at this chart:
>

> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Set-Cookie: name=value
>
> (content of page)
>

> but I don't understand how you have to manipulate the html page or
> the server to send the data of the cookie itself
> and if it would be possible to send cookies aswell just by simply
> clicking a button etc.or not.

It takes a script, server- or client-side. And actually, it would be
possible to "propose" a cookie with a button.

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.org/