Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > IO-Link Slave Device IP Core

IO-Link Slave Device IP Core

debayan_p debayan_p is offline
Junior Member

Hi all,

IO–Link is used predominantly in an industrial environment in automated production for linking sensors and actuators and is a point-to-point protocol(it is not a field bus system or a cabling system!).

Now the IO-Link Consortium and its associated partners only have the know-how of the electronics to build the master and slave devices using the IO protocol stack/s(U need to pay 20,000 euros to be a member of that Consortium and then only u can have the tech. specs. for the hardware development )

The document for the IO-Link protocol was only released this year in January. io-link(dot)com.
I have been reading the protocol release note for the last 3 weeks and I am finding it really difficult to put together the pieces.

I want to start with the slave device for the time being ! My prime focus would be to develop the slave hardware so that it can atleast communicate with the IO-Link Master (me an intermediate level VHDL user) !

A copy of this initiative is already posted in opencores(dot)org. Upto now I have 2ppl collaborating with me, one from India and the other from Swiss.

So is there anyone else here who is interested in this project ?

Greetings,
Debayan Paul

debayan_p debayan_p is offline
Junior Member

sorry, forgot to mention my email ID

Interested people can contact me at debayanpaul(at-the-rate-of)yahoo(dot)com